Blue Wing Inn
- Blue Wing Inn of 1840, where notable guests, according to local tradition, included John C. Frémont, U. S. Grant, Governor Pío Pico, Kit Carson, Fighting Joe Hooker, William T. Sherman, Phil Sheridan, and members of the Bear Flag Party.
- General Mariano Guadalupe Vallejo Home: official residence of the last Mexican Governor.
- Presidio of Sonoma adobe
- Mission San Francisco Solano, California's last Mission
- Sebastiani Theatre - a historical theatre built in 1933 by Samuele Sebastiani as a movie house.
- Sonoma Raceway
- The Sonoma Overlook Trail
- Microsoft Windows Bliss (image) was photographed southeast of town on Fremont Drive near the site of Stornetta's Dairy.
Sister citiescity historic landmarks.
Items named after the town
- Sonoma Jack Cheese: Cheese, moist to very dry light colored cheese covered in chocolate powder and most credited to the Vella cheese making family. The Vella Cheese factory, former Sonoma Brewing Co. building, continues to make a variety of cheese products.
- The GMC Sonoma was a compact pickup truck.
- Intel's "Sonoma" series processors. Several of Intel's processors were given