The tallest structure in the world is the Burj Khalifa skyscraper
at . Listed are guyed masts (such as telecommunication masts), self-supporting towers (such as the CN Tower
), skyscrapers (such as the Willis Tower
), oil platform
s, electricity transmission towers, and bridge support towers. This list is organized by absolute height. See List of tallest buildings and structures
, List of tallest freestanding structures
and List of tallest buildings
and List of tallest towers
for additional information about these types of structures.
Terminological and listing criteria follow Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat
definitions. Guyed masts are differentiated from towers – the latter not featuring any guy wires or other support structures; and buildings are differentiated from towers – the former having at least 50% of occupiable floor space although both are self-supporting structures.
List by height
indicates a structure that is no longer standing.
indicates a structure with a portion of its height under water.
indicates a guyed mast
* This list includes structures with a minimum height of to keep the list to a reasonable length. List of tallest structures in the world – 300 to 400 metres
and List of tallest structures in the world – 400 to 500 metres
contain shorter structures.
* For all structures the pinnacle height is given, so the height of skyscrapers may differ from the values at List of skyscrapers
* Tension-leg platform
s are not included.
Structures (past or present) 600 m and taller (1,969 ft)
Structures (past or present) between 550 and 600 m (1,804 ft and 1,969 ft)
Structures (past or present) between 500 and 550 m (1,640 and 1,804 ft)
Structures taller than under construction
This is an incomplete list of structures under construction that are projected to be taller than and have current height under . It does not include on-hold or topped-out
Structures that are on hold or have been cancelled.
List by continent
The following table is a list of the current tallest structures by each continent (listed by geographic size):
The following table is a list of the all time tallest structures by each continent (listed by geographic size):
* List of tallest buildings and structures
* List of tallest structures – 400 to 500 metres
* List of tallest structures – 300 to 400 metres
* List of transmission sites
* List of European medium wave transmitters
* List of tallest freestanding structures
* List of tallest bridges
* List of tallest dams
* List of cities with most skyscrapers
* List of tallest statues
World Federation of Great TowersSkyscrapers diagrams and forumSkyscrapers databaseSearch for Radio Masts and Towers in the U.S.
Category:Lists of buildings and structures
Category:Lists of tallest structures by region