The Shadow of the Eagle is a 1932 American Pre-Code Mascot film serial, starring John Wayne in his first serial role. It is now in the public domain.
A mysterious pilot, The Eagle, attempts to sabotage a local company and sends threatening messages via skywriting.
- John Wayne as Craig McCoy, carnival stunt pilot
- Dorothy Gulliver as Jean Gregory, Colonel Gregory's daughter
- Edward Hearn as Colonel Nathan B. Gregory, former World War I ace pilot, owner of the carnival and suspected of being The Eagle until his own disappearance
- Richard Tucker as Major Evans, company owner
- Lloyd Whitlock as Green, a director
- Walter Miller as Danby, a director
- Edmund Burns as Clark, a director
- Pat O'Malley as Ames, a director
- Kenneth Harlan as Ward, a director
- Ivan Linow as Heinie, the carnival strongman
- James Bradbury Jr. as Henry, the carnival ventriloquist
- Ernie Adams as Frederick 'Pat' Kelly, the carnival barker
- Roy D'Arcy as Gardner
- Bud Osborne as Tim Moore
- Yakima Canutt as Boyle
- Billy West as Bob the Clown
- Monte Montague as Callahan
- Murdock MacQuarrie as Frang the Watchman (uncredited)
- The Carnival Mystery
- The Eagle Strikes
- The Man of a Million Voices
- The Telephone Cipher
- The Code of the Carnival
- Eagle or Vulture?
- On the Spot
- When Thieves Fall Out
- The Man Who Knew
- The Eagle's Wings
- The Shadow Unmasked
- ^ Cline, William C. (1984). "Filmography". In the Nick of Time. McFarland & Company, Inc. p. 205. ISBN 0-7864-0471-X.
Download or view online