The Tax Justice Network (TJN) is an advocacy group consisting of a coalition of researchers and activists with a shared concern about tax avoidance, tax competition, and tax havens.
According to its 2015 auditor's report, The Tax Justice Network International Secretariat Limited is a United Kingdom company controlled by "Tax Justice Research Limited, a British-registered company with charitable purpose." Experts of TJN appear at public hearings of the Finance Committee of the German Bundestag.
In July 2012, following a study into wealthy individuals with offshore accounts, the Tax Justice Network published claims regarding deposits worth at least $21 trillion (£13 trillion), potentially even $32 trillion, in secretive tax havens. As a result, governments suffer a lack of income taxes of up to $280 billion.
- ^ The Tax Justice Network Independent Auditor's Report (Abbreviated Accounts), December 31, 2015, p. 3
- ^ "Öffentliche Sitzung des Finanzausschusses" (in German). German Bundestag. June 15, 2016. Retrieved February 16, 2017.
- ^ "13 trillion pounds in offshore tax havens: Report". The Times of India. July 22, 2012. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
- ^ "Super rich hold $32 trillion in offshore havens". Reuters. July 22, 2012. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
- ^ "Tax havens: Super-rich 'hiding' at least $21tn". BBC. July 22, 2012. Retrieved July 22, 2012.