PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS (doing business as PWC) is a multinational
professional services network headquartered in London, United Kingdom.
It is the second largest professional services firm in the world, and
is one of the
Big Four auditors , along with
Deloitte , EY and
Vault Accounting 50 has ranked PwC as the most prestigious accounting
firm in the world for seven consecutive years, as well as the top firm
to work for in North America for three consecutive years.
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries, 743 locations, with
223,468 people. As of 2015, 22% of the workforce worked in Asia, 26%
in North America and Caribbean and 32% in Western Europe. The
company's global revenues were $37.7 billion in FY 2017, of which $16
billion was generated by its Assurance practice, $9.46 billion by its
Tax practice and $12.25 billion by its Advisory practice. PwC
provides services to 422 out of 500
Fortune 500 companies.
The firm was formed in 1998 by a merger between Coopers "> , PwC is
the 5th-largest privately owned company in the United States.
* 1 History
* 1.1 Coopers
* 1.2 Price Waterhouse
* 1.3 1998 to present
* 2 Operations
* 2.1 Service lines
* 2.3 Offices
* 4 Name
* 5 Logo
* 6 Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
* 6.1 Best Picture announcement error
* 7 Sponsorship
* 7.1 Sports
* 7.2 Awards
* 7.3 Startups
* 7.4 Others
* 8 Corporate affairs and culture
* 8.1 General corporate culture
* 8.2 Charitable foundation
* 8.3 Sustainable Development Goals: The World Business Council for
* 8.4 Supporting education
* 8.5 Workers\' rights
* 8.6 Flexible working hours policy
* 8.7 Global "Code of Conduct"
* 8.8 Strategy
* 9 Partnerships
* 9.1 ID2020
* 9.5 HPE
* 9.7 Oracle
* 9.8 SAP-ERP
* 9.9 Salesforce-NSI
* 10 Staff
* 11 Alumni
* 12 Awards
* 13 Controversies
* 13.1 Gender employment discrimination
American International Group Inc.
* 13.4 ChuoAoyama Suspension
* 13.5 Tyco settlement
* 13.6 Satyam case
* 13.8 Global Trust Bank Ltd and DSQ Software
Transneft Russia case
* 13.11 JP Morgan Securities audit
* 13.12 Water privatisation in
* 13.14 PCAOB report on audit inspections
* 13.15 Quinn Insurance
* 13.18 Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ
* 13.21 Australia
* 13.22 BHS
* 13.23 MF Global malpractice lawsuit
* 13.24 BT Italy
* 13.25 Lezo Case
* 14 Recognition
* 15 See also
* 16 References
* 17 Further reading
* 18 External links
The firm was created in 1998 when Coopers
& Lybrand merged with Price
COOPERS Lybrand, Ross Bros
& Montgomery and a Canadian firm McDonald,
Currie and Co, agreed to adopt the name Coopers
& Lybrand in
international practice. In 1973 the three member firms in the UK, US
and Canada changed their names to Coopers
& Lybrand. Then in 1980
& Lybrand expanded its expertise in insolvency substantially
Cork Gully , a leading firm in that field in the UK. In
1990 in certain countries including the UK, Coopers
& Lybrand merged
& Sells to become Coopers
& Lybrand Deloitte:
in 1992 they reverted to Coopers ">
Edwin Waterhouse photographed
as a young man
Samuel Lowell Price , an accountant, founded an accountancy practice
London in 1849. In 1865 Price went into partnership with William
Hopkins Holyland and
Edwin Waterhouse . Holyland left shortly
afterwards to work alone in accountancy and the firm was known from
1874 as Price, Waterhouse
& Co. (The comma was dropped from the name
much later.) The original partnership agreement, signed by Price,
Holyland and Waterhouse could be found in
Southwark Towers , one of
PwC's important legacy offices (now demolished).
By the late 19th century, Price Waterhouse had gained significant
recognition as an accounting firm. As a result of growing trade
United Kingdom and the United States, Price Waterhouse
opened an office in New York in 1890, and the American firm itself
soon expanded rapidly. The original British firm opened an office in
Liverpool in 1904 and then elsewhere in the
United Kingdom and
worldwide, each time establishing a separate partnership in each
country: the worldwide practice of PW was therefore a federation of
collaborating firms that had grown organically rather than being the
result of an international merger.
In a further effort to take advantage of economies of scale , PW and
Arthur Andersen discussed a merger in 1989 but the negotiations
failed mainly because of conflicts of interest such as Andersen's
strong commercial links with
IBM and PW's audit of
IBM as well as the
radically different cultures of the two firms. It was said by those
involved with the failed merger that at the end of the discussion, the
partners at the table realized they had different views of business,
and the potential merger was scrapped.
1998 TO PRESENT
In 1998, Price Waterhouse merged with Coopers
& Lybrand to form
PricewaterhouseCoopers (written with a lowercase "w").
After the merger the firm had a large professional consulting branch,
as did other major accountancy firms, generating much of its fees.
Management Consulting Services (MCS) was the fastest growing and often
most profitable area of the practice, though it was cyclical. The
major cause for growth in the 1990s was the implementation of complex
integrated ERP systems for multi-national companies. PwC came under
increasing pressure to avoid conflicts of interests by not providing
some consulting services, particularly financial systems design and
implementation, to its audit clients. Since it audited a large
proportion of the world's largest companies, this was beginning to
limit its consulting market. These conflicts increased as additional
services including outsourcing of IT and back office operations were
developed. For these reasons, in 2000, Ernst
& Young was the first of
the Big Four to sell its consulting services, to
The fallout from the
Worldcom and other financial auditing
scandals led to the passage of the
Sarbanes–Oxley Act (2002),
severely limiting interaction between management consulting and
auditing (assurance) services. PwC Consulting began to conduct
business under its own name rather than as the MCS division of
PricewaterhouseCoopers. PwC therefore planned to capitalize on MCS's
rapid growth through its sale to
Hewlett Packard (for a reported $17
billion) but negotiations broke down in 2000.
In 2000, PwC acquired Canada's largest SAP consulting partner
In March 2002
Arthur Andersen , LLP affiliates in Hong Kong and China
completed talks to join PricewaterhouseCoopers, China.
PwC announced in May 2002 that its consulting activities would be
spun off as an independent entity and hired an outside CEO to run the
global firm. An outside consultancy ,
Wolff Olins , was hired to
create a brand image for the new entity, called "Monday". The firm's
Greg Brenneman described the unusual name as "a real word,
concise, recognizable, global and the right fit for a company that
works hard to deliver results." These plans were soon revised,
however. In October 2002, PwC sold the entire consultancy business to
IBM for approximately $3.5 billion in cash and stock. PwC's
consultancy business was absorbed into
IBM Global Business Services ,
increasing the size and capabilities of IBM's growing consulting
PwC began rebuilding its consulting practice with acquisitions such
as Paragon Consulting Group and the commercial services business of
BearingPoint in 2009. The firm continued this process by acquiring
& Technology Consultants in November 2010 and PRTM
in August 2011. In 2012 the firm acquired Logan Tod
& Co, a digital
analytics and optimisation consultancy, and Ant’s Eye View, a
social media strategy development and consulting firm to build upon
Management Consulting customer impact and customer
On October 30, 2013, the firm announced that it would acquire Booz &
Company , including the company's name and its 300 partners, after a
December vote by Booz
& Company partners authorized the deal. On April
3, 2014, Booz
& Company combined with PwC to form Strategy Actuarial
and Insurance Management Solutions (AIMS) and a sub branch of "Human
Resource Services" (HRS).
Actuarial covers mainly 5 areas: pensions ,
life insurance , non-life insurance , health, and investments. AIMS
deals with life and non-life insurance and investments, while HRS
deals mainly with pensions and group health. In the US PwC serves the
US Federal Government through their Public Sector practice. PwC has
over 2000 professionals based in the Washington Metro Corridor.
Tax (25%) – International tax planning and compliance with local
tax laws, customs, human resource consulting, legal services and
Due to its size PwC is able to contribute data analysis to a wide
range of areas.
* Calculation of the drone market size: PwC published a report
stating that the world drone market will reach close to $127 billion
by 2020, with Poland at the forefront of legislation for the
commercial use of unmanned aerial vehicles.
* PwC coined the phrase E7 to describe the seven emerging economies
with the company is predicting will take over today’s G7 nations by
the year 2050. Those emerging nations include: China, Russia, India,
Mexico, Indonesia, Turkey and Brazil.
* PwC assesses the risk premiums of countries, an important factor
in analyzing the valuation of a business.
* The company analyzes pay parity, the comparative salaries for men
versus women. In early 2017 PwC found in one study that it could take
24 years to close the gender pay gap.
* PwC publishes the Low Carbon Economy Index which tracks the extent
to which the G20 countries are reducing carbon intensity, which is
emissions linked to energy usage.
* The Economy of the Sea is a long-term analysis project of PwC
Portugal. Launched ten years ago, Economy of the Sea is part of the
HELM project to create an integrated approach to the successful and
sustainable “blue economy.”
* PwC developed the Total Impact Measurement and Management (TIMM)
framework designed to assist companies in carrying out impact studies
which will help them put a value on all a company’s activities,
products or services. Mervyn King,
Chairman of the International
Integrated Reporting Council described it as “a huge step forward in
assisting companies in thinking on an integrated basis and enabling
them to do business in the 21st century. It also helps to change
mindsets to take a holistic perspective and move towards Integrated
PwC has partners in approximately 800 offices across 157 countries
with 200,000 employees.
Notable offices: Seaport office tower in
Boston ; and Magwa Crescent
Waterfall City tower in
South Africa .
NOTABLE PWC OFFICE BUILDINGS
Cairo , Egypt
Tower 185 , Frankfurt, Germany
Figueroa at Wilshire ,
Los Angeles , California, US
Freshwater Place ,
Melbourne , Australia
Oslo , Norway
Kingdom Center ,
Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
Kasumigaseki Building , Tokyo, Japan
Warsaw , Poland
Torre PwC , Madrid, Spain
Accra , Ghana
Auckland , New Zealand
The following list of revenue according to region is from the PwC
Global Annual Review: 2016.
Australia, Pacific Islands and New Zealand
Central and Eastern Europe
Middle East and Africa
North America and the Caribbean
South and Central America
PwC refers to the PwC network and/or one or more of its member firms,
each of which is a separate legal entity due to local legislative
requirements. Much like other professional services firms , each
member firm is financially and legally independent. PwC is
co-ordinated by a private company limited by guarantee under English
law , called
PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited. In
addition, PwC is registered as a multidisciplinary entity which also
provides legal services.
PricewaterhouseCoopers name was formed by the combination of the
names of Price Waterhouse and Coopers ">
The Coopers ">
The Price Waterhouse logo prior to the 1998 merger
PricewaterhouseCoopers logo from 1998 to 2010
The PwC logo from 2010 to present
ACADEMY OF MOTION PICTURE ARTS AND SCIENCES
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS) has utilized
the services of PwC to tally the votes for the Academy Awards since
1935. In addition, the company oversees AMPAS elections, prepares its
financial documents, and is responsible for the group’s tax filings.
BEST PICTURE ANNOUNCEMENT ERROR
89th Academy Awards § Best Picture announcement error
89th Academy Awards in 2017 La La Land was incorrectly
announced as the winner of Best Picture after PwC partner, Brian
Cullinan gave presenters
Warren Beatty and
Faye Dunaway the wrong
envelope. PwC was responsible for tabulating the results, preparing
the envelopes, and handing them to presenters. It was called "as bad
a mess-up as you could imagine." The firm took "full responsibility"
for handing the presenters the wrong envelope and apologized for the
error, acknowledging that Cullinan and PwC partner Martha Ruiz did
not follow protocols for correcting the error quickly. In March 2017,
the board of governors for the Academy voted to retain the services of
accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers, despite the mix up, saying
“new protocols have been established including greater oversight
from PwC's U.S. chairman Tim Ryan.”
PwC sponsors the
Canadian Football League ’s Weekly Insights online
Since 2011 PwC has been sponsoring the Royal Belgian Football
Association and the national team, the Red Devils .
The firm sponsored nine Canadian athletes in 2011: cyclist Ryder
Hesjedal ; Olympic gold medalist speed skaters Charles and François
Hamelin ; wrestler
Carol Huynh ; para-alpine skier Matt Hallatt; and
four additional athletes.
PwC has sponsored the Dutch national soccer team, since 1992.
In May 2016 PwC agreed to renew their sponsorship of the Irish Rugby
Football Union (IRFU) for four more years. The sponsorship includes
PwC continuing to be the official sponsor of the Ireland U20, Ireland
U19 and Ireland U18 teams.
PwC extended its sponsorship of the Players Championship of the
Professional Golfer’s Association (PGA) through 2017. The company
will be one of only two “Proud Partners” of the annual PGA Tour
event which is held every year at TPC Sawgrass .
PwC sponsors Canada’s CFO of the year award.
PwC created “The Building Public Trust in Corporate Reporting
Awards” (BPTA) in 2002 which now covers the FTSE 100, FTSE 250,
private, public and charity sectors for a total of 18 awards.
Startupbootcamp Copenhagen announced that PwC Denmark signed
a sponsorship agreement with them, making PwC its first signed
In 2010 PwC began sponsoring the international non-profit
organization “Slush” which organizes events that match
entrepreneurs and technology talent with major corporations and
PwC sponsors Fast Growth Icons, a conference which highlights
insights from the builders of successful businesses; a group of
attendees who are founders of companies with rapid revenue growth; and
offering tips and hands-on learning in founder-to-founder sessions.
The PwC Social Entrepreneurs Club sponsors members through community
partners including the School for Social Entrepreneurs and Social
In February 2011 PwC was the sponsor of the televised debate “The
Future of Employment: The West Isn't Working,” filmed at the World
Economic Forum ’s annual meeting. The company has been a strategic
partner with the WEF since the 1980s.
PwC sponsors a Charitable Foundation, founded in 1949, whose mission
it is to “make contributions to the people of the firm in times of
financial hardship through the people who care fund, and to nonprofit
organizations that support and promote education and humanitarianism.
In 2016 PwC was a sponsor of the APEC CEO Summit held in
The company is a sponsor of the
Mobile World Congress , and the
World Economic Forum.
PwC sponsors PwC Pantomime, a theater group that produces a full
scale show whose aim is to bring joy to children from inner-city
schools and charities. In 2017 their production of Hansel and Gretel
was its 31st pantomime production as part of its community Affairs
Program that supports the local community.
The firm is partners with the
Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra of the
PwC sponsors the Buy Social Campaign, the flagship campaign of Social
Enterprise UK, which builds markets for social enterprises in the
public and private sectors. The Buy Social Corporate Challenge is
co-sponsored by PwC, Social Enterprise UK, and the Cabinet Office to
bring high-profile businesses together to commit to spending £1
billion with social enterprises by 2020.
The firm supports London’s Old Vic Theater .
Wellbeing of Women is a non-profit organization that works to improve
the health of women and babies, supported by PwC.
PwC sponsors the yearly UK Private Business Awards.
CORPORATE AFFAIRS AND CULTURE
GENERAL CORPORATE CULTURE
Compared to the other three of the “Big Four,” PwC is said to
have a “less competitive” atmosphere. According to one observer,
the core to the business is how the firm values and promotes
“difference by building an environment where everyone can be
themselves.” The company employs large numbers of young workers,
with 80 percent of their work-force millennials. PwC uses education to
bridge the culture gap between generations. The firm also implements
the “Connect-Embed-Improve plan to promote employee engagement. PwC
relies on employees sharing of knowledge and learning. Senior staff
facilitate learning. Teaching the next generation what they know is
one of the keys that ensures that PwC can bring value to its clients.
PwC is committed to diversity in the workplace, holding an annual
“Global Diversity Week.”
In order to promote inclusion, diversity, equality, respect and
tolerance in a respectful work environment PwC the Netherlands
launched GLEE: Gay Lesbian and Everybody Else network.
The PwC Charitable Foundation, a separate entity from the firm,
shares similar goals, according to Frank Gaudia, a trustee and member
of the Board of Directors for the Foundation. The Foundation focuses
on humanitarianism, education for children, and veterans.
SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS: THE WORLD BUSINESS COUNCIL FOR
PwC published a report including data on SDG-sustainable development
goals awareness and on who is perceived as the entity responsible for
bringing SDGs to the marketplace.
In 2015 PwC gave a donation of $100,000 to the Florida International
University College of Business and the School of Accounting.
In 2011 PwC was appointed to conduct independent monitoring of the
Tourism Development and Investment Company, TDIC’s Employment
Practices Policy, (EPP), which had already been introduced in 2009.
Abu Dhabi’s TDIC was the first major developer in the Middle East to
introduce such a policy, designed to protect the welfare of workers
employed by contractors and sub-contractors.
FLEXIBLE WORKING HOURS POLICY
Employees at PwC can suggest their own working hours, but the firm
does not have to comply.
GLOBAL "CODE OF CONDUCT"
In 2002 PwC published the accounting profession’s first global
“Code of Conduct” to help its employees around the world maintain
a corporate culture of ethics and integrity. In November 2016 the
company updated their Code of Conduct.
& and PwC publish Strategy + Business, an online magazine
discussing aspects of business strategy and related issues.
In May 2016, at the
United Nations Headquarters in New York, PwC was
one of the principal sponsors of the inaugural ID2020 Summit. The
summit brought together over 400 people to discuss how to provide
digital identity to all, a defined Sustainable Development Goal
including to 1.5bn people living without any form of recognized
identification. Experts in blockchain and other cryptographic
technology joined with representatives of technical standards bodies
to identify how technology and other private sector expertise could
achieve the goal.
PwC is a founding partner with the
HeForShe IMPACT 10x10x10
Initiative to advance gender equality . The initiative created an
online course featuring
Michael Kimmel , an SUNY Distinguished
Professor of Sociology and Gender Studies at Stony Brook University
which aims to increase awareness of unconscious gender bias in
Emma Watson , British actress and
UN Women Goodwill
Ambassador , is a high-profile supporter of the UN Women’s HeForShe
Google announced its partnership with PwC to drive cloud
adoption among businesses. Partnering with
Google is part of PwC’s
decision to begin to move its own business to the cloud . PwC is one
of three million business customers using paid services through G
Suite , previously known as Apps for Work.
The company, in partnership with
Coursera , launched an on-line
five-course educational platform called “
Data Analysis and
PwC began to include the
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) DNS Malware
Analytics (DMA) in its Security Assessment Services portfolio.
DXC Technology (formerly CSC) with PwC to bring digital
transformation solutions to businesses.
In January 2017 Oracle and PwC announced their international
collaboration to offer IFRS 9 compliance solutions.
Karim Textiles Limited, a division of Purbani Group, signed a
partnership agreement with PwC in February, 2017 to implement SAP-ERP.
In November 2016 PwC acquired technology/consulting firm NSI DMCC,
Salesforce’s largest implementation partner in the Middle East.
In 2013 PwC and
Microsoft Corp. formed a strategic alliance to help
companies engaged in enterprise transformation projects using
Microsoft Business Solutions technology. In 2016 PwC joined with
Microsoft in India to bring the services of both companies to the
business community in India.
PwC partners with the
United Nations to help keep the international
organization’s monitoring systems up to date. The two organizations
also teamed up to create a course about unconscious biases.
From 2010 until 2016, the number of employees worldwide rose from a
total of about 160,000 to over 223,000. The largest percentage of
workers are employed in Europe. PwC emphasises the role CEOs play in
the transformation of companies to meet the needs of the 21st century
The following is a chart of the number of employees in each region of
the world as of Q1 2017.
NUMBER OF EMPLOYEES
Australia, Pacific Islands and New Zealand
Central and Eastern Europe
Middle East and Africa
North America and the Caribbean
South and Central America
Notable firm alumni include:
Phil Knight - Founder
* Ed Bastian- CEO
Delta Air Lines
* Rich Kramer- Chairman, President and CEO of The Goodyear Tire and
Brad Tilden - CEO and
* Sir Ian Powell-
Capita , an outsourcing company.
* Wendell Weeks - President
Mike Dooley - author, speaker and entrepreneur
* Tony Harrington- CEO
PwC was ranked #175 on Forbes’ Canada’s Best Employers list, #5
on their America’s Largest Private Companies list, and #256 on their
America’s Best Employers list.
Advertising Age named PwC Digital Services Experience Center one of
the four best places to work in advertising and media in 2016.
International Accounting Bulletin awarded PwC the “
of the Year” award for 2016.
PwC Singapore won the Best Practice Award in 2016 from the Institute
of Singapore Chartered Accountants.
The Australian Financial Review Client Choice Awards recognized PwC
with the Market Leader Australia award for 2017.
PwC Australia has been recognized by clients as Market Leader at the
Financial Review Client Choice Awards 2016.
In 2016, Brand Finance named PwC as the strongest business to
business brand, and one of the world’s 10 most powerful brands in
their annual index.
PwC ranked #3 in DiversityInc’s Top 12 Companies for Global
For the second consecutive year PwC was named Global Corporate
Consultancy Firm of the Year.
Strategy having been listed as a FTSE250 company, it subsequently
lost its listing. PwC disputed this legal claim. The claim was
settled out of court on undisclosed terms.
Financial Reporting Council (FRC) issued a fine of £2.3m on PwC
and ordered the firm to pay £750,000 costs following their
investigation of the 2007 audits of
Cattles and its principal trading
subsidiary. PwC admitted their “conduct fell significantly short of
the standards reasonably to be expected of a member firm” in respect
of the 2007 financial statements. The FRC said that PwC had
insufficient audit evidence as to the adequacy of loan loss
PCAOB REPORT ON AUDIT INSPECTIONS
Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) report on audit
work carried out by PwC in 2014 in respect of US public companies
identified significant deficiencies in 17 of 58 audits examined. The
PCAOB report on work carried out in 2015 identified significant
deficiencies in 12 of 55 audits examined.
PwC Ireland is being sued by the joint administrators of Quinn
Insurance Limited (QIL) for €1bn. Having been audited by PwC for the
years 2005 to 2008, QIL went into administration in 2010. The
administrators allege that PwC should have identified a material
understatement of QIL’s provisions for claims.
Connaught plc , a UK former
FTSE 250 Index outsourcing company
operating in property maintenance for the social housing and public
sector, was put into administration on 2010 after reporting material
losses. In 2017, the
Financial Reporting Council (FRC) severely
reprimanded PwC and its audit partner following an investigation of
their conduct in respect of the 2009 audit of Connaught. PwC was fined
a record £5 million plus costs.
Tesco , a UK retailer, announced that it had overstated
profits by £263m by misreporting discounts with suppliers. The
Financial Reporting Council started an investigation into accounting
Tesco and into the conduct of PwC in carrying out its
audits in 2012, 2013 and 2014. Two members of Tesco's Audit
Committee, responsible for monitoring Tesco's relationship wth its
auditors, had themselves previously worked for PwC, including its
chairman, Ken Hanna; he later stood down. In 2015 PwC were replaced
as auditors of Tesco, ending a 32-year engagement, following a tender
process to which they did not participate. In June 2017 the Financial
Reporting Council said there was no "realistic prospect" that a
tribunal of the UK's accountancy watchdog would rule against the
auditor PwC concerning its involvement in
Tesco 's 2014 case.
BANK OF TOKYO-MITSUBISHI UFJ
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ
The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ was investigated by New
York banking regulators over its role in routing payments for Iranian
customers through its New York branch in violation of U.S. sanctions.
It was found that PwC had altered an investigation report on the
issue; PwC itself was fined $25 million in relation to the matter.
Luxembourg Leaks One of the tax rulings of
Luxembourg Leaks negotiated by PwC
The firm helped multinational companies obtain 548 legal tax rulings
in Luxembourg between 2002 and 2010. The rulings provide written
assurance that companies’ tax-saving plans will be seen favorably by
the Luxembourg authorities. The companies saved billions of dollars in
taxes with these arrangements. Some firms paid less than one percent
tax on the profits they shifted to Luxembourg. Employees or former
employees of PwC provided documentation of the rulings to journalists.
PwC UK’s head of tax was before the UK's public accounts committee
and was questioned about lying regarding the marketing of these tax
avoidance schemes. He told the committee the financing, investments
and tax structure is legal and well-known to the British government.
“If you want to change the Lux tax regime, the politicians could
change the Lux tax regime.” The disclosures attracted international
attention and comment about tax avoidance schemes in Luxembourg and
other tax havens. The revelations later led to a series of EU-wide
measures aimed at regulating tax avoidance schemes and tax probes into
several EU companies. PwC initiated charges against the two
whistleblowers that revealed the LuxLeaks tax controversy. In March
2017 a Luxembourg appeals court upheld their convictions, but with
The Bill 1st in Prestige; and 1st in Overall Diversity.
* Gartner recognized PwC with a Top Rating for Financial Consulting.
* Companies portal
* List of companies based in
Price Waterhouse v Kwan
* ^ A B C D E F G "Chronology". PricewaterhouseCoopers. Archived
from the original on 10 October 2010. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
* ^ "How we are structured". PricewaterhouseCoopers. Retrieved 1
* ^ "Our leadership team". PricewaterhouseCoopers. Retrieved 14
* ^ A B C "PwC Global Annual Review 2017". pwc.com. Retrieved 5
* ^ "
Deloitte overtakes PwC as world\'s biggest accountant". The
Telegraph. Retrieved 24 November 2016.
* ^ "Big 4 Accounting Firms - Who They Are, Facts and Information".
accountingverse.com. Retrieved 2017-05-25.
* ^ "List Ranks Accounting Firms on Prestige, Quality of Life and
Diversity". Retrieved 2015-06-13.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "
About us". Retrieved 29 November 2016.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "Revenues". PwC. Retrieved 2017-10-13.
* ^ A B Sinclair, Lara (20 September 2010). "Logo puts case first
and last". The Australian. Retrieved 27 September 2010.
* ^ "America\'s Largest Private Companies". Forbes. 6 August 2016.
Retrieved 6 August 2016.
* ^ "ICAEW: Firms family trees".
* ^ "Profile – Michael Jordan of Cork Gully". Management Today. 1
Jan 1993. Archived from the original on 3 August 2012. Retrieved 3
* ^ "ICAEW family trees". Icaew.com. Archived from the original on
28 February 2010.
* ^ A B C D E Accounting for Success: a History of Price Waterhouse
in America 1890–1990. Harvard Business School Press. ISBN
* ^ "Price Waterhouse (Biographical details)". The British Museum.
Retrieved 17 August 2013.
* ^ "University of Washington: Accounting firms and organisations".
* ^ "Accounting Giants Call Off Merger Plan : Price Waterhouse,
Arthur Andersen Cite \'Differences\'".
Los Angeles Times. 26 September
1989. Retrieved 17 August 2013.
* ^ Price Waterhouse and Coopers "> Weekly Corporate Growth Report
29 September 1997
* ^ Ernst
& Young sells consulting unit to Cap Gemini Cnet News, 29
* ^ Hewlett-Packard drops PWC bid BBC News, 13 November 2000
* ^ "Passion for business takes entrepreneur from software to cars
to music". therecord.com.
* ^ Andersen Affiliates in China to Join Rival Singapore News, 21
* ^ "Monday name change for PwC". BBC. 10 June 2002. Retrieved 14
* ^ Monday name change for PwC, BBC News, 10 June 2002.
IBM buying PricewaterhouseCoopers\' consulting business
Technology, 31 July 2002
* ^ In close race for No 1, Deloitte, PwC grow apace Fox Business,
30 October 2013
PricewaterhouseCoopers to Buy Consulting Firm Diamond
Management Wall Street Journal, 24 August 2010
* ^ PwC acquires global consulting firm
Accounting Bulletin, 23 August 2011
* ^ "PwC acquires digital analytics consultancy". Top Consultant.
15 March 2012. Retrieved 26 October 2014.
* ^ PwC Buys Social Media Consulting Firm Accounting Today, 24
* ^ "
PricewaterhouseCoopers Advisory Services LLC (PwC Advisory
Services)Company ProfileVault.com". Vault. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
* ^ "PwC to bulk up with planned Booz
& Company". ft.com.
* ^ Nisen, Max. "Why PwC just changed the name of its 100-year-old
consulting acquisition". Quartz. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
* ^ WC strikes deal to buy BGT Partners South Florida Business
Journal, November 4, 2013
* ^ "PwC report: Cryptocurrencies carry groundbreaking potential".
99bitcoins.com. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
* ^ "InvestCloud". InvestCloud. 2008-11-12. Retrieved 2017-06-15.
* ^ "PwC hiring GE tax team".
Tax Pro Today. Retrieved 2017-05-03.
* ^ "PwC Reports $35.9 bn in Global Revenues". Accounting Today.
* ^ "PwC Revenue 2016 - (What are the 2016 global results of
PwC?)". big4accountingfirms.com. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
* ^ "PwC Global Annual Review 2014" (PDF). PwC. Retrieved 8 October
* ^ "
& Insurance Management Solutions". PwC. Archived
from the original on 2006-03-27.
* ^ "Public Sector practice". Pwc.com.
* ^ "World Drone Market Seen Nearing $127 Billion in 2020, PwC
Says". Bloomberg.com. 2016-05-09. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
* ^ "Here Comes the Latest Drone Army". Fortune. Retrieved
* ^ "Indian economy projected to overtake US by 2040 in purchasing
power parity terms: PwC report - Times of India". The Times of India.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "Country risk premia quarterly update".
PwC. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
* ^ Fernandez, Pablo; Aguirreamalloa, Javier; Corres, Luis (May
2011). "Market Risk Premium Used in 56 Countries in 2011: A Survey
with 6,014 Answers" (PDF). IESE Business School. Archived from the
original (PDF) on 2011-11-01. Retrieved 8 May 2017.
* ^ "Gender pay gap won\'t close until 2041 ICAEW Economia".
economia.icaew.com. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
* ^ Tomorrow, Blue
& Green. "PwC Low Carbon Economy Index :
& Response - Blue and Green Tomorrow".
blueandgreentomorrow.com. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
* ^ "Environment Analyst Business news and analysis". Environment
Analyst. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
* ^ "Global carbon intensity falls, on declining coal use". Climate
Home - climate change news. 2016-11-01. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
* ^ "China Leads Decarbonization Race As Global Carbon Intensity
Falls 2.8%, Says PwC". CleanTechnica. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
* ^ "Sustaining the blue economy ICAEW Economia".
economia.icaew.com. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
* ^ "Bioinsight". Bioinsight. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
* ^ Balch, Oliver (2013-09-23). "Will new metrics system help
companies measure overall impacts?". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077 .
* ^ "Groundbreaking study measures impact of TUI\'s tourism
operations". www.tuigroup.com. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "PwC member firm locations". PwC.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "Office locations". PwC. Retrieved
* ^ "New Seaport office tower fetches big price for developer - The
Boston Globe". BostonGlobe.com. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
* ^ "PwC Tower Headquarters - Atterbury". www.atterbury.co.za.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "How we\'re doing". PwC. Retrieved
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "How we are structured". PwC.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "How we are structured". Retrieved 29
* ^ "All Your Profits Are Belong To Us". Above the law. 5 November
2014. Retrieved 6 November 2014.
* ^ Gyorkos, Ana (16 September 2010). "PricewaterhouseCoopers
rebrands to \'pwc\'". International Accounting Bulletin. Retrieved 8
* ^ UnderConsideration. "Brand New:
* ^ "PWC\'s Mighty Morphin\' Logo Adapts to Web, Print, and Beyond
". Co.Design. 2012-01-25. Retrieved 2017-05-08.
* ^ McKenna, Francine. "PwC Ensures Oscar® Ballot Integrity In
\'Partnership\' With Everyone Counts, Inc". Forbes. Retrieved
* ^ Maddaus, Brent Lang, James Rainey, Gene (2017-03-02). "Oscars:
PwC Has Deeper Relationship With Academy Than Just Awards Show".
Variety. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
* ^ "Oscars: How the Wrong Envelope Triggered a Best Picture
Fiasco". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
* ^ Pylas, Pan (Feb 27, 2017). "PwC\'s hard-won reputation under
threat after Oscars mix-up". The Chicago Tribune. Associated Press.
Retrieved 27 February 2017.
* ^ Rapoport, Michael (2017-02-27). "Oscar Overseer
PricewaterhouseCoopers Apologizes for Award Mixup". Wall Street
Journal. ISSN 0099-9660 . Retrieved 2017-05-09.
* ^ CNN, Sandra Gonzalez and Megan Thomas. "PwC: \'We failed the
Academy\' in best picture mess up". CNN. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
* ^ "PWC Weekly Insights - CFL.ca". CFL.ca. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "Sponsor of the Red Devils". PwC.
* ^ "PwC: Team PwC sponsorship program for Canadian athletes kicks
off Big4.com". www.big4.com. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
* ^ "PwC knvb". www.knvb.nl. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
* ^ "PwC announces renewal of sponsorship deal with IRFU". The
Irish Times. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
* ^ "PwC extends as a \'Proud Partner\' of Players Championship".
* ^ "Canada\'s CFO of The Year – Canada\'s CFO of The Year
Award". cfoy.ca. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "The Building Public Trust Awards
2017". PwC. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
* ^ "
Startupbootcamp Copenhagen Announces Sponsorship Deal with PwC
- Startupbootcamp". Startupbootcamp. 2012-12-05. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
* ^ "PwC forges closer relationships with young tech entrepreneurs
at \'Slush\'". PwC press room. 2015-11-05. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
* ^ DataFox. "Fast Growth Icons 2017 in London, 2017 Sponsors,
Speakers, and Exhibitors by DataFox". DataFox. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "PwC Social Entrepreneurs Club". PwC.
* ^ CNBC (2011-02-03). "PwC Caps Commercial Deals For CNBC\'s
Coverage Of The
World Economic Forum Annual Meeting". CNBC. Retrieved
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "World Economic Forum". PwC. Retrieved
* ^ "Pricewaterhousecoopers Charitable Foundation, Inc. - GuideStar
Profile". www.guidestar.org. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
* ^ "APEC CEO Summit 2016". APEC CEO SUMMIT PERU 2016 (in Spanish).
* ^ "National Center for APEC APEC CEO Summit". www.ncapec.org.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "Join PwC at Mobile World Congress".
PwC. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
* ^ A B "Much needs to be done to propel India\'s global standing:
WEF-PwC report". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2017-05-11.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "PwC Pantomime". PwC. Retrieved
* ^ "
PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP - Hansel and Gretel - Sadler\'s
Wells Theatre". www.sadlerswells.com. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
* ^ "Corporate Partners-RCO". www.concertgebouworkest.nl. Retrieved
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "Buying Social". PwC. Retrieved
* ^ "Under 25? Strapped for cash? Love the theatre? Join PwC under
25s Club". Arts
& Business. 2014-03-25. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "Wellbeing of Women". PwC. Retrieved
* ^ "Private Business Awards (PBA)". www.ukpba-awards.co.uk.
* ^ "Subscribe to read". www.ft.com. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
* ^ "Working for PWC, Deloitte, EY and KPMG. What\'s the
difference?". eFinancialCareers. 2016-04-28. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
* ^ "Sarah Churchman on Values and Culture at PwC – SuitAndPie".
suitandpie.co.uk. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
* ^ Wingard, Jason (2016-09-22). "Does Your Corporate Culture
Support the Organizational Strategy You Need?". Huffington Post.
* ^ Weinreb, Ellen (2014-04-09). "PwC: 10 tips to bolster employee
engagement". GreenBiz. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
* ^ "Learning Is Doing at PwC". Chief Learning Officer - CLO Media.
2016-05-16. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
* ^ "PwC shares 10 diversity and inclusion lessons". Retrieved
* ^ "PWC". Workplace Pride. 2013-09-02. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
* ^ Sutherland, Colonel David W. (2016-05-25). "The PwC Charitable
Foundation Explains Its Best Practices for Collaboration in the
Veterans\' Space". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
* ^ "WBCSD - World Business Council for Sustainable Development".
old.wbcsd.org. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
* ^ "Generous gift from PwC to accounting and business students".
FIU News. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
* ^ "TDIC releases fourth annual independent monitoring report on
employment practices policy by Pricewaterhousecoopers". wam. Retrieved
* ^ "PwC report shows progress by TDIC in worker treatment Zawya
MENA Edition". Retrieved 2017-05-04.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "Helping to protect workers\' rights in
the Middle East: Global Annual Review 2016". PwC. Retrieved
* ^ Bolza, Miklos. "Trust, culture behind PWC\'s flexible working
policy". HR Online. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
* ^ "
PricewaterhouseCoopers sets its people free by making all
roles flexible". Financial Review. 2015-08-03. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
* ^ Account, Admin (2002-11-20). "PwC Announces Its Global Code of
Conduct". AccountingWEB. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
* ^ "Living our Purpose and Values: PwC\'s Code of Conduct" (PDF).
November 2016. Retrieved 4 May 2017.
* ^ "strategy+business: international business strategy news
articles and award-winning analysis". www.strategy-business.com.
* ^ "A culture of success: Using culture for world-class results in
GCC companies". Retrieved 2017-05-04.
* ^ Apolitical (2016-11-24). "How Sixty Million Refugees Can Prove
Who They Are". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-05-30.
* ^ "Fighting for a Secure Digital Identity for All --
Redmondmag.com". Redmondmag. Retrieved 2017-05-30.
* ^ "ID2020 holds Inaugural Summit at the United Nations". ID2020.
* ^ "
Emma Watson launches 10 by 10 by 10". UN Women. Retrieved
* ^ "UN and PwC Launch Corporate Unconscious Gender Bias Training".
Fortune. Retrieved 2017-05-30.
United Nations (2014-09-22),
Emma Watson at the HeForShe
Campaign 2014 - Official UN Video, retrieved 2017-05-30
* ^ "PwC partners with
Google to drive enterprise cloud adoption -
TechRepublic". TechRepublic. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
* ^ "PwC and
Google bring transformation to work".
gsuite.google.com. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
* ^ Staff, 9to5 (2014-10-28). "
Google announces PwC as latest Apps
for Work and
Google Cloud Platform partner". 9to5Google. Retrieved
* ^ "
Google Boosts Gmail Attachment Limit to 50 MB for Recipients -
DST Contributed Content on
Data Storage Today".
www.data-storage-today.com. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
* ^ "
Coursera partners with PwC in employee re-skilling exercise".
The Hindu. Retrieved 2017-06-06.
* ^ "
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Leads Transformation of Cyber
Defense With "Build it In" and "Stop it Now" Approach". 1 March 2016.
Retrieved 6 June 2017.
* ^ "
DXC Technology is formally launched". www.techtradeasia.info.
* ^ "Oracle and PwC to jointly offer IFRS 9 compliance solutions".
Accounting Today. Retrieved 2017-06-06.
* ^ "Karim Textiles ink deal with PwC". The Financial Express
Online Version. Retrieved 2017-06-06.
* ^ "PwC buys Dubai-based technology firm". www.tradearabia.com.
* ^ www.ETCIO.com. "PwC,
Microsoft join to empower India\'s digital
transformation - ET CIO". ETCIO.com. Retrieved 2017-06-06.
* ^ "business.un.org". business.un.org. Retrieved 2017-06-01.
* ^ "PwC, UN team up to create unconscious biases course". HR Dive.
* ^ "PwC: employees by region 2010-2016 Statistic". Statista.
* ^ PwC, Bob Moritz,
Chairman (2017-01-18). "Op-Ed: Four concerns
that keep CEOs awake at night". CNBC. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
* ^ "PwC Locations ⋆ The Big 4 Accounting Firms".
big4accountingfirms.com. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
* ^ "The Seattle Times: Business
& Technology: Nike\'s Phil Knight
resigns as CEO". old.seattletimes.com. Retrieved 2017-05-10.
* ^ Rao, K S. "PwC\'s 20th CEO Survey: Edward Bastian of Delta Air
Lines". www.bmindstoday.com. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
* ^ "Richard J. Kramer Goodyear Corporate".
corporate.goodyear.com. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
* ^ Wilhelm, Steve (18 December 2015). "Brad Tilden: The \'aw
shucks\' leader of Alaska Airlines". www.bizjournals.com. Retrieved
* ^ "Former PwC boss knighted in New Year\'s honours". The
Telegraph. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
* ^ "Wendell P. Weeks, MBA 1987 - Alumni - Harvard Business
School". Retrieved 2017-05-07.
* ^ "Mike Dooley". Retrieved 2017-05-07.
* ^ "Harrington AM, Tony - Meet MinterEllison".
www.minterellison.com. Retrieved 2017-05-07.
* ^ "
PricewaterhouseCoopers on the Forbes America\'s Best Employers
List". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
* ^ "Ad Age\'s Best Places to Work 2016". Retrieved 2017-05-16.
* ^ "2016 The Accountant
& International Accounting Bulletin awards
winners - The Accountant". www.theaccountant-online.com. Retrieved
* ^ "Innovation, Growth and Excellence Lauded at Singapore
Accountancy Awards ISCA". www.isca.org.sg. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "Awards 2017". PwC. Retrieved
* ^ "Awards for Firms - Client Choice Awards". Client Choice
Awards. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
* ^ "PwC named strongest business to business brand - BizNis
Africa". BizNis Africa. 2016-03-03. Retrieved 2017-05-30.
* ^ Staff, DiversityInc. "The DiversityInc Top Companies for Global
Diversity". DiversityInc. Retrieved 2017-06-08.
* ^ "GCV Award:
Consultancy of the Year - PricewaterhouseCoopers
(PwC) · Articles · Global Corporate Venturing".
www.globalcorporateventuring.com. Retrieved 2017-06-11.
* ^ "TTCSP Global Go To Think Tank Index Reports Think Tanks and
Civil Societies Program (TTCSP) University of Pennsylvania".
repository.upenn.edu. Retrieved 2017-06-08.
* ^ "The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers Milkround".
www.milkround.com. Retrieved 2017-06-11.
* ^ PricewaterhouseCoopers. "The Times Top 100 Graduate Employer".
PwC. Retrieved 2017-06-11.
* ^ Administradores.com (2012-10-02). "Confira a lista das empresas
mais admiradas do Brasil, segundo ranking da Carta Capital".
Administradores.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2017-06-08.
* ^ "Fortune 100 Best". Fortune. 2017. Retrieved 1 June 2017.
* ^ "PwC India wins Association of
Management Consulting Firms
Spotlight Awards 2016". India Info Online. 29 June 2016. Retrieved 1
* ^ Goldstein, Leslie. "Gender Stereotyping and the Workplace:
Price Waterhouse v. Hopkins (1989)." 2006. The Constitutional and
Legal Rights of Women, 3rd ed. Los Angeles: Roxbury, 2006. 167-75.
* ^ Levit, Nancy (1998). The Gender Line: Men, Women, and the Law.
New York University Press. p. 212. Retrieved 27 December 2014.
* ^ Lewin, Tamar (16 May 1990). "Partnership in Firm Awarded to
Victim of Sex Bias". NYTimes. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
* ^ "Father wins sex discrimination case after request to work
part-time rejected". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
* ^ "Senate report claims Caterpillar avoided $2.4bn in US taxes".
The Guardian. 31 March 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
* ^ "Big four audit firms behind global profit shifting". Sydney
Morning Herald. 6 November 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
* ^ "
Willie Nelson Hopes for a Hit; So Does the I.R.S". New York
Times. 2 September 1991. $32 million bill for delinquent taxes ... pay
for the $45 million lawsuit Mr. Nelson filed last year against his
former accountants at Price Waterhouse, who he contends put him into
ill-advised tax shelters. The Government ruled against many of the tax
shelters, and the I.R.S. later disallowed many of the tax benefits
that Mr. Nelson claimed.
* ^ "
Tax Shelter of Rich and Famous Has Final Date in Court". The
New York Times. 4 November 1995.
* ^ A B Tough Questions For AIG\'s Auditors – Regulators are
probing if PwC let the financial shenanigans slip through
Businessweek, Joseph Weber, Mike McNamee, Marcia Vickers and Diane
Brady, 11 APRIL 2005
* ^ "We just got a new insight into a crucial crisis-era dispute
between Goldman Sachs and AIG". Business Insider. 11 March 2016.
Retrieved 2 June 2016.
* ^ "
Audit Quality and Auditor Reputation: Evidence from Japan"
* ^ "In May 2006, the Japanese Financial Services Agency (FSA)
suspended ChuoAoyama for two months". SSRN 1557231 . Missing or
empty url= (help )
* ^ CPAs in Kanebo fraud avoid prison, The Japan Times
(registration required), 10 August 2006.
* ^ Jim Frederick (15 May 2006). "Japan\'s Regulators Get Tough".
* ^ New Japanese Internal Controls Framework Fraud Magazine,
* ^ Kyodo News (2 August 2007). "Misuzu
Audit disbands after 39
years, scandals". The Japan Times. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
* ^ "Pricewaterhouse to pay $225 mln in Tyco settlement". Reuters.
6 July 2007.
* ^ Chen, George (8 January 2009). "Satyam scandal rattles
confidence in accounting Big Four". In.reuters.com.
* ^ A B ET Bureau 8 January 2009, 08.10 am IST (8 January 2009).
"PwC\'s fate Hangs in Balance". Economictimes.indiatimes.com. CS1
maint: Multiple names: authors list (link )
* ^ "ICAI to seek explanation from Satyam\'s auditor PwC".
Livemint.com. 7 January 2009.
* ^ "Satyam auditor says examining chairman\'s statement". Reuters.
7 January 2009.
* ^ "Satyam: Auditors\' body to pull up PwC ICAI to seek
explanation from Satyam\'s auditor PwC". Rediff.com.
* ^ "Satyam: A Rs 7,000cr Lie". The Times of India. 8 January 2009.
* ^ "PWC says Satyam audit opinions may be unreliable". Reuters. 14
* ^ McKenna, Francine. "The Grand Illusion: PwC Settles Satyam U.S.
Class Action Claims". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
* ^ Raghavendra Verma; Keith Nuthall (8 April 2009). "PwC partners
charged over Satyam". Accountancy Age. Archived from the original on
22 July 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2010.
* ^ Timmons, Heather (28 May 2009). "Two Auditors Held in India
Fault System". New York Times. Retrieved 9 May 2017.
* ^ Kumar, V Rishi (2015-04-09). "Disappointed with verdict, says
PwC". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
* ^ Zapata, Ron (18 July 2007). "Russian Officials Clear PwC Of
Yukos Audit". Law 360. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
* ^ Elder, Miriam (10 July 2007). "Russian court hands victory to
PricewaterhouseCoopers in tax evasion case". NYTimes. Retrieved 11 May
* ^ New York Times issue of 6 November 2010, business columnist Joe
* ^ Wilson, Tony (4 January 2011). "Rule of law crucial for safe
investment". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
* ^ White, Gregory L (7 September 2010). "Oil Tycoon Says PWC Caved
to Pressure". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
* ^ "Khodorkovsky Case Discussed in Leaked Cable". The Moscow
Times. 3 December 2010. Retrieved 28 December 2010.
* ^ Wilson, Tony (4 January 2010). "Rule of law crucial for safe
investment". The Globe and Mail. Toronto. Retrieved 4 January 2010.
* ^ Business Standard (15 March 2008). "RBI lifts ban on PwC".
* ^ Business Standard. "PwC has a chequered past with taxmen".
* ^ Business Standard. "Regulator may blacklist Price Waterhouse".
* ^ Mukherjee, Ritwik. "Third mess-up by PwC after GTB, DSQ Soft".
Mydigitalfc.com. Archived from the original on 8 February 2009.
* ^ Business Standard. "Investor group wants Sebi to supersede
Satyam board". Business-standard.com.
* ^ "
Transneft Accused Of Stealing $4 Billion". The St. Petersburg
Times. 19 November 2010. Retrieved 28 December 2010.
* ^ Amos, Howard (18 November 2010). "
Transneft Accused of $4Bln
Theft". The Moscow Times. Retrieved 11 May 2017.
* ^ Alex Hawkes (2011-03-30). "MPs tackle PwC over Northern Rock".
The Guardian. Retrieved 2015-06-17.
* ^ Alistair Osborne (2011-03-31). "Were
Big Four auditors just
guilty of failing to see wood for trees?". The Daily Telegraph.
* ^ Graeme Wearden (2011-12-04). "
House of Lords
House of Lords criticises UK
auditors over role in financial crisis". The Guardian. Retrieved
* ^ David Jetuah (2011-12-04). "PwC urged to return Northern Rock
fees". Accountancy Age. Retrieved 2015-06-17.
* ^ Anna White (5 January 2012). "PwC fined record £1.4m over JP
Morgan audit". The Daily Telegraph.
* ^ A B C D "RTI expose of how
World Bank had arm-twisted
Board for water privatisation". Moneylife.
* ^ A B C D E "Independent People\'s Tribunal on The
World Bank in
India: Program: Arvind Kejriwal". worldbanktribunal.org.
* ^ A B C D E How World-Bank Dicatates Indian Policies on
* ^ "RTI Spurs Debate on
World Bank Involvement in
Deal" (PDF). Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative.
* ^ PwC failed as "competent auditor" Economia March 2013
* ^ Cattles’ failure was nothing to do with us, says angry PwC
The Times, 17 July 2013
* ^ PwC settles
Cattles lawsuit Economia October 2015
* ^ PwC fined £2.3m over auditing of subprime lender
Guardian 31 August 2016
* ^ "Report on 2014 Inspection of
(PDF). PCAOB: Public Company Accounting Oversight Board. 30 June 2015.
Retrieved 10 May 2017.
* ^ "Report on 2015 Inspection of
(PDF). Public Company Accounting Oversight Board: PCAOB. 10 August
2016. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
* ^ "PwC claims €1bn Quinn Insurance action \'poised on cliff\'".
Irish Times. 2015-05-07. Retrieved 2015-06-12.
* ^ "More details sought in case against PWC over Quinn Insurance
accounts". RTE News. 2015-05-19. Retrieved 2015-06-12.
* ^ "PwC fined £5m over Connaught audit". BBC. 11 May 2017.
Retrieved 13 May 2017.
* ^ FRC launches
Tesco investigation Economia December 2014
Tesco : an opportunity for audit Economia October 2014
Tesco Ends 32-Year PwC Relationship After Accounting Scandal
Bloomberg.com May 2015
* ^ Martin, Kate (5 June 2017). "Accounting watchdog closes
Tesco probe". Financial Times. Retrieved 6 June 2017.
* ^ "Bank of Tokyo Fined for \'Misleading\' New York Regulator on
Iran". New York Times DealBook. 18 November 2014. Retrieved 10 April
* ^ "Is Your Head Spinning? 5 Tips to Understand the \'Lux Leaks\'
Files". International Consortium of Investigative Journalists.
* ^ ICIJ Explore the Documents:
Luxembourg Leaks Database
* ^ The Guardian, PriceWaterhouseCoopers chief Kevin Nicholson
denies lying over tax deals
* ^ Ariès, Quentin (15 March 2017). "LuxLeaks whistleblowers get
lighter sentences". Politico. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
* ^ "
Bill Gates sues oil giant
Petrobras and PwC over corruption
scandal". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-04-04.
* ^ "Luke Sayers, corporate politician". Financial Review.
2016-09-08. Retrieved 2017-08-13.
* ^ "PwC Australia Appoints New CEO Big4.com". www.big4.com.
* ^ "Same-sex marriage vote has $525m price tag, study finds". ABC
News. 2016-03-14. Retrieved 2017-08-13.
* ^ "PwC exec leaves
Australian Christian Lobby board". Crikey.
2016-03-01. Retrieved 2017-08-13.
* ^ "Centro, PwC take record $200m legal hit". Financial Review.
2012-05-09. Retrieved 2017-08-13.
* ^ Battersby, Lucy (2012-11-20). "PwC auditor sidelined until 2015
for $2.1b Centro debt bungle". The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved
* ^ PwC questioned over BHS ‘going concern’ audit Accountancy
Age May 2016
* ^ "PwC must face $1 billion MF Global malpractice lawsuit: U.S.
judge". Retrieved 6 August 2016.
* ^ "Judge Says MF Global Lawsuit Against PwC Can Proceed".
Retrieved 6 August 2016.
* ^ "Largest lawsuit against an auditor goes to court for $5.5
billion". Retrieved 6 August 2016.
* ^ "BT in urgent hunt for \'clean\' auditor after £530m Italy
scandal". Sky News. 29 March 2017. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
* ^ "BT looking for new auditor after 33 years with PwC". Economia.
12 May 2017. Retrieved 30 May 2017.
* ^ "BT Italy scandal prompts auditing probe". BBC. 29 June 2017.
Retrieved 14 July 2017.
* ^ "El juez acredita que PwC se lucró de un contrato fantasma a
cambio de financiar al PP de Madrid". ELMUNDO (in Spanish). Retrieved
* ^ Olearchyk, Roman (20 July 2017). "Ukraine pulls PwC bank audit
licence over $5.5bn hole at top lender". Financial Times. Retrieved 25
* ^ "Ukraine\'s biggest lender
PrivatBank nationalised". BBC News.
19 December 2016. Retrieved 25 July 2017.
* ^ "PwC, Deloitte,
KPMG and PA among top 25 UK companies to work
for". www.consultancy.uk (in lblLang). Retrieved 2017-05-30. CS1
maint: Unrecognized language (link )
* ^ "Consulting Magazine - September 2016".
Consultingmag-digital.com. 2016-09-07. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
* ^ "Global 500 2017-The annual report on the world\'s most
valuable brands" (PDF). February 2017. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
* ^ "European Diversity Awards » THE EDA WINNERS 2015".
europeandiversityawards.com. Retrieved 2017-05-15.
* ^ "Four U.S. Organizations Honored With 2014 Baldrige National
Quality Award". 12 November 2014. Retrieved 1 December 2014.
* ^ "CR Index 2016: Company listing". Business in the Community.
2016-04-11. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
* ^ "Best Accounting companies to work forVault.com". Vault.
* ^ "Gartner Gives Top Rating to
Financial Consulting Big4.com". www.big4.com. Retrieved 2017-05-16.
* True and Fair: A History of Price Waterhouse, Jones, E., 1995,
Hamish Hamilton, ISBN 0-241-00172-2
* An Early History of Coopers ">Coordinates : 51°30′28.74″N
0°07′28.79″W / 51.5079833°N 0.1246639°W / 51.5079833;
Big Four auditors
* Ernst ;background:none
Arthur D. Little
Arthur D. Little
Booz Allen Hamilton
Booz Allen Hamilton
Boston Consulting Group
& Young (Parthenon)
Huron Consulting Group
& McLennan Companies (
Oliver Wyman )
PA Consulting Group
* Ernst border-left-width:2px;border-left-style:solid;padding:0px">
* Aon (
Aon Hewitt )
* Marsh border-left-width:2px;border-left-style:solid;padding:0px">
Kurt Salmon )
Aon Hewitt (
Hewitt Associates )
DXC Technology (
Hewlett Packard Enterprise * CSC )
& Young (Ernst
& Ernst * Arthur Young
& Co. * Ernst &
PricewaterhouseCoopers (Price Waterhouse * Coopers
James L. Allen
Arthur E. Andersen
* Bill Bain
Edwin G. Booz
* William Welch
Alwin C. Ernst
Arthur Dehon Little
James O. McKinsey
* Arthur Young )
Human resource consulting
Information technology consulting
Public sector consulting
Risk and strategic consulting
Accounting networks and associations (
Big Four accounting firms )
Big Three (management consultancies)
Certified management consultant
House of Lies
House of Lies
Professional services networks