||Chr 5: 177.3 – 177.31 Mb
||Chr 13: 55.33 – 55.33 Mb
MAX dimerization protein 3 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the MXD3 gene located on Chromosome 5.
MXD3 is a basic helix-loop-helix protein belonging to a subfamily of MAX-interacting proteins. This protein competes with MYC for binding to MAX to form a sequence-specific DNA-binding complex. MXD3 is a transcriptional repressor that is specifically expressed during S phase of the cell cycle. The protein is implicated in both normal neural development and in the development of brain cancer. In medulloblastoma cells, MXD3 binds E-box sequences, leading to increased cell proliferation at moderate MXD3 levels but increased cell death and apoptosis at higher expression levels.
- ^ a b c GRCh38: Ensembl release 89: ENSG00000213347 - Ensembl, May 2017
- ^ a b c GRCm38: Ensembl release 89: ENSMUSG00000021485 - Ensembl, May 2017
- ^ "Human PubMed Reference:".
- ^ "Mouse PubMed Reference:".
- ^ Hurlin PJ, Quéva C, Koskinen PJ, Steingrímsson E, Ayer DE, Copeland NG, Jenkins NA, Eisenman RN (November 1995). "Mad3 and Mad4: novel Max-interacting transcriptional repressors that suppress c-myc dependent transformation and are expressed during neural and epidermal differentiation". EMBO J. 14 (22): 5646–59. PMC 394680 . PMID 8521822.
- ^ a b "Entrez Gene: MXD3 MAX dimerization protein 3".
- ^ Fox EJ, Wright SC (February 2003). "The transcriptional repressor gene Mad3 is a novel target for regulation by E2F1". Biochem J. 370 (1): 307–13. doi:10.1042/bj20021583. PMC 1223166 . PMID 12444919.
- ^ Barisone GA, Ngo T, Tran M, Cortes D, Shahi MH, Nguyen TV, Perez-Lanza D, Matayasuwan W, Díaz E (July 2012). "Role of MXD3 in proliferation of DAOY human medulloblastoma cells". PLOS ONE. 7 (7): e38508. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0038508. PMC 3393725 . PMID 22808009.