Topic summary
Guy Ballard

American religious leader Guy Warren BallardBorn(1878-07-28)July 28, 1878Newton, Kansas, United StatesDiedDecember 29, 1939(1939-12-29) (aged 61)Other nameGodfré Ray KingOccupationMining engineerKnown forFounder of the "I AM" ActivitySpouseEdna Anne Wheeler BallardChildrenDonald Ballard Guy Warren Ballard (July 28, 1878 – December 29, 1939) was an American mining engineer who, with his wife Edna Anne Wheeler Ballard, founded the "I AM" Activity. Ballard was born in Newton, Kansas and married his wife in Chicago in 1916. Ballard served in the U.S. Army in World War I, and then became a mining engineer. Both Edna and Guy studied Theosophy and the occult extensively. Revelation Living at the base of the California volcano Mount Shasta in 1930, Ballard frequently hiked on the mountain, where he reported the following to have occurred.It came time for lunch, and I sought a mountain spring for clear, cold water. Cup in hand, I bent down to fill it, when an electrical current passed through my body from head to foot. I looked around, and directly behind me stood a young man who, at first glance, seemed to be someone on a hike like myself. I looked more closely and realized immediately