Topic summary

2000 NCAA Division I men's basketball championship game

2000 NCAA Division I men's basketball championship game
DateApril 3, 2000VenueRCA Dome, Indianapolis, IndianaMVPMateen Cleaves, Michigan StateFavoriteMichigan State by 4RefereesJames Burr, Gerald Boudreaux, David HallAttendance43,116United States TV coverageNetworkCBSAnnouncersJim Nantz (play-by-play)
Billy Packer (color)
Bonnie Bernstein and Armen Keteyian (sideline)
← 1999
2001 →

The 2000 NCAA Division I men's basketball championship game was the finals of the 2000 NCAA Division I men's basketball tournament and it determined the national champion for the 1999–2000 NCAA Division I men's basketball season. The game was played on April 3, 2000, at the RCA Dome in Indianapolis, Indiana, and matched No. 1-seeded Michigan State against No. 5-seeded Florida.

The Spartans defeated the Gators, who were appearing in their first championship game, 89–76, earning the Spartans their second national championship. This was the last time a team from the Big Ten won the national championship until rival Michigan did so in 2026.