TheInfoListRev V5.1.84
Xfr/
SummaryRelatedTreeNews

Related topics

Final four

In sports, the final four is the last four teams remaining in a playofftournament. Usually the final four compete in the two games of a single-elimination tournament's semi-final (penultimate) round. Of these teams, the two who win in the semi-final round play another single-elimination game whose winner is the tournament champion. In some tournaments, the two teams that lose in the semi-final round compete for third place in a consolation game.

NCAA Division I women's basketball tournamentNCAA Division I women's basketball tournament%5B%5BWikipedia%3ATemplates+for+discussion%2FLog%2F2025+December+5%23Template%3ASeason+sidebar%5D%5D{{{CRITERION}}}The NCAA Division I women's basketball tournament, sometimes referred to as Women's March Madness, is a single-elimination tournament played each spring in the United States, currently featuring 76 women's college basketball teams from the Division I level of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), to determine the national championship.NCAA Division I men's basketball tournamentNCAA Division I men's basketball tournamentThe NCAA Division I men's basketball tournament, branded as March Madness, or The Big Dance, is a single-elimination tournament played in the United States to determine the men's college basketball national champion of the Division I level in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). Played mostly during March, the tournament was first conducted in 1939 and currently consists of 76 teams.1974 NCAA Division I basketball tournament1974 NCAA Division I basketball tournamentThe 1974 NCAA Division I basketball tournament involved 25 schools playing in single-elimination play to determine the national champion of men's NCAA Division Icollege basketball. It was the first tournament to be designated as a Division I championship—previously, NCAA member schools had been divided into the "University Division" and "College Division".Single-elimination tournamentSingle-elimination tournamentA single-elimination knockout, or sudden-death tournament is a type of elimination tournament where the loser of a match-up is immediately eliminated from the tournament. Each winner will play another in the next round, until the final match-up, whose winner becomes the tournament champion(s). Some match-ups may be a single match or several, for example two-legged ties in European sports or best-of series in North American pro sports.Marquette Golden Eagles men's basketballMarquette Golden Eagles men's basketballUniversityMarquette UniversityFirst season1916–17; 110 years agoAthletic directorBill SchollHead coachShaka Smart5th season, 110–60 (.647)LocationMilwaukee, WisconsinArenaFiserv Forum(capacity: 18,412)NCAA divisionDivision IConferenceBig EastNicknameGolden EaglesColorsBlue and goldAll-time record1774–1093 (.619)NCAA tournament record44–38 (.537)NCAA Division I tournament champions1977NIT champions1970Conference tournament championsC-USA: 1997Big East: 2023Conference regular-season championsGMC: 1994C-USA: 2003Big East: 2013, 2023UniformsThe Marquette Golden Eagles men's basketball team (formerly the Marquette Hilltoppers and Marquette Warriors) represents Marquette University in NCAADivision Icollege basketball and competes in the Big East Conference.National Collegiate Athletic AssociationNational Collegiate Athletic AssociationNorth American athletic organizationThe National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) is a nonprofit organization that regulates student athletics among about 1,100 schools in the United States, and 1 in Canada. It also organizes the athletic programs of colleges and helps over 500,000 college student athletes who compete annually in college sports. The headquarters is located in Indianapolis, Indiana.PlayoffsPlayoffsThe playoffs (in United States and Canada), postseason, climax (in Japan and Korea), or finals series (in Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom) is a stage of a sports league played after the regular season of a competition by the top competitors to determine the league champion or a similar accolade.NCAA men's volleyball tournamentNCAA men's volleyball tournamentThe NCAA men's volleyball tournament, officially titled the NCAA national collegiate men's volleyball championship, is an annual competition that determines the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) championship in American college men's volleyball. It had been the only NCAA championship in the sport from 1970 until 2012, when the NCAA launched a Division III championship.Third place playoffThird place playoffMany sports playoffs and knockout tournaments include a third place playoff, third place match, bronze final, bronze medal game, or consolation game to decide which competitor or team will be credited with finishing third and fourth. This game is typically competed by the competitors or teams that lost in the semi-finals of the tournament that they competed in.TournamentTournamentA tournament is an organized competition involving at least three competitors, all participating in a sport or game, with the only way to exit a winner is as its champion.University of KansasUniversity of KansasThe University of Kansas (KU) is a publicresearch university with its main campus in Lawrence, Kansas, United States. It is governed by the Kansas Board of Regents. Two branch campuses are in the Kansas City metropolitan area on the Kansas side: the university's medical school and hospital in Kansas City, Kansas; and the Edwards Campus in Overland Park.The Plain DealerThe Plain DealerMajor newspaper of Cleveland, Ohio, USThe Plain Dealer is the primary newspaper of Cleveland, Ohio. In the fall of 2019, it ranked 23rd in U.S. newspaper circulation, a significant drop since March 2013, when its circulation ranked 17th daily and 15th on Sunday. As of May 2019, The Plain Dealer had 94,838 daily readers and 171,404 readers on Sunday.Special:Search/final fourSpecial:Search/final fourRelated word or term.

*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

AboutPrivacyContact

TheInfoList organizes topic information and links to original sources.

Loading topic…