TheInfoListRev V5.1.84
Xfr/
SummaryRelatedTreeNews

Related topics

Concurrency (road)

Sponsored
Shop Amazon for soldering stations
Browse products on Amazon.
Search Amazon →
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

In a road network, a concurrency is an instance of one physical roadway bearing two or more different route numbers. The practice is often economically and practically advantageous when multiple routes must pass between a single mountain crossing or over a bridge, or through a major city, and can be accommodated by a single right-of-way.

Interstate 70 in PennsylvaniaInterstate 70 in PennsylvaniaInterstate 70 (I-70) is an Interstate Highway that is located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in the United States. It runs east to west across the southwest part of Pennsylvania and serves the southern fringe of the Pittsburgh metropolitan area. About half of this route is concurrent with I-76 on the Pennsylvania Turnpike, which is a toll road.Interstate 90Interstate 90Interstate 90 (I-90) is an east–west transcontinental freeway and the longest Interstate Highway in the United States at 3,099.7 miles (4,988.5 km). It begins in Seattle, Washington, and travels through the Pacific Northwest, Mountain West, Great Plains, Midwest, and the Northeast, ending in Boston, Massachusetts. The highway serves 13 states and has 15 auxiliary routes, primarily in major cities such as Chicago, Cleveland, Buffalo, and Rochester.Interstate 80Interstate 80Interstate 80 (I-80) is an east–west transcontinental freeway that crosses the United States from San Francisco, California, to Teaneck, New Jersey, in the New York metropolitan area. The highway was designated in 1956 as one of the original routes of the Interstate Highway System; its final segment was opened in 1986. At a length of 2,900.76 miles (4,668.32 km), it is the second-longest Interstate Highway in the United States, after I-90.Pennsylvania TurnpikePennsylvania TurnpikePennsylvania Historical MarkerDesignated1990The Pennsylvania Turnpike, sometimes shortened to Penna Turnpike or PA Turnpike, is a controlled-accesstoll road which is operated by the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC) in Pennsylvania. It runs for 360 miles (580 km) across the southern part of the state, connecting Pittsburgh, Harrisburg and Philadelphia, and passes through four tunnels as it crosses the Appalachian Mountains.Breezewood, PennsylvaniaBreezewood, PennsylvaniaBreezewood is an unincorporated town in East Providence Township, Bedford County, Pennsylvania, United States. Along a traditional pathway for Native Americans, European settlers, and British troops during colonial times, in the early 20th century, the small valley that became known as Breezewood was a popular stopping place for automobile travelers on the Lincoln Highway, beginning in 1913. In 1940, Breezewood was designated exit 6 on the just-opened Pennsylvania Turnpike.Interstate 76 (Ohio–New Jersey)Interstate 76 (Ohio–New Jersey)Interstate 76 (I-76) is an east–west Interstate Highway in the Eastern United States. The highway runs approximately 435.66 miles (701.13 km) from an interchange with I-71 west of Akron, Ohio, east to I-295 in Bellmawr, New Jersey. This route is not contiguous with I-76 in Colorado and Nebraska. Starting in Ohio, the highway runs west of Akron to west of Youngstown, where it joins the Ohio Turnpike as a toll road.Route numberA route (or road) number, designation or abbreviation is an identifying numeric (or alphanumeric) designation assigned by a highway authority to a particular stretch of roadway to distinguish it from other routes and, in many cases, also to indicate its classification (e.g. motorway, primary route, regional road, etc.), general geographical location (in zonal numbering systems) and/or orientation (north-south v. east-west).New Stanton, PennsylvaniaNew Stanton, PennsylvaniaNew Stanton is a borough in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 2,339 at the 2020 census. New Stanton is often used as a control city in western parts of Pennsylvania, as I-70 joins the Pennsylvania Turnpike (I-76) eastbound towards Breezewood in New Stanton, and is a free highway westbound.PennsylvaniaPennsylvaniaPennsylvania, officially the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, is a state located in the Mid-Atlantic, Northeastern, Appalachian, and Great Lakes regions of the United States. The state borders Delaware to its southeast, Maryland to its south, forming the Mason–Dixon line, West Virginia to its southwest, Ohio to its west, the Canadian province of Ontario to its northwest via Lake Erie, New York to its north, and the Delaware River and New Jersey to its east.CarriagewayCarriagewayA carriageway (British English) or roadway (North American English) is a width of road on which a vehicle is not restricted by any physical barriers or separation to move laterally. A carriageway generally consists of a number of traffic lanes together with any associated shoulder, but may be a sole lane in width (for example, a highway offramp).Right of wayRight of wayA right of way (also right-of-way) is a specific route that people, animals, vehicles, watercraft, or utility lines travel, or the legal status that gives them the right to do so.MilestoneMilestoneA milestone is a numbered marker placed on a route such as a road, railway line, canal or boundary. They can indicate the distance to towns, cities, and other places or landmarks like mileage signs; or they can give their position on the route relative to some datum location (a zero milepost). On roads they are typically located at the side or in a median or central reservation.

*As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

AboutPrivacyContact

TheInfoList organizes topic information and links to original sources.

Loading topic…