YEMIMA AVIDAR-TCHERNOVITZ (Hebrew : ימימה
אבידר-טשרנוביץ; October 1909 – March 20, 1998) was
an Israeli author whose works became classics of modern Hebrew
children’s literature . Born in
A teacher and school principal, she also worked in children's radio with Kol Yerushalayim , with the Nursery School Teachers’ Theater and on the editorial board of Dvar HaPo’elet. Her books for children are foundational in the sippurei havurah (band-of-friends) genre and were among the earliest based on the ordinary lives of children. In addition to her original works, she translated other works into Hebrew.
* 1 Publications
* 1.1 Books published in Hebrew * 1.2 Translated books
* 2 See also * 3 References
BOOKS PUBLISHED IN HEBREW
* Stories for Rama (Sipurim Le-Rama), Stybel, 1936 * Daliah, Hatkufah, 1940 * Naughty Muki (Muki HaShovav), Massada, 1943 * Awake Spring (Ura Ma`ayan), Yavne, 1943 * The Swallow Tells Me (HaSnunit Mesaperet), Massada, 1944 * Eight in Pursuit of One (Shmonah BeIkvot Ehad), Twersky, 1945; Keter, 1996 * He Will Bring Them (Hu Yavi Otam), Twersky, 1945 * A pair of Shoes (Zug Na`alaim), Twersky, 1945 * Grandpa Moon (Saba Yareah), Yavne, 1945 * One of Ours (Ehad MiShelanu), Twersky, 1947 * Kindergarten Songs (Gan Gani Alef, Three volumes, with Levin Kipnis ), Twersky, 1947–1952 * The Toys` visit (Bikur HaTza`atzuim), Massada, 1949 * Two Friends on the Road (Shnei Re`im Yatzu LaDerech), Twersky, 1950 * The Magic Chain (Sharsheret HaKesamim), Newmann, 1952 * The Winding Path (BaShvil HaMitpatel), Twersky, 1955 * Kushi and Nushi, Massada, 1955 * The Secret Circle (BeMa`agal HaStarim), Dvir Li- Yladim, 1955 * Home (Habaita), Am Oved, 1960 * Stories for Nivi (Sipurim LeNivi), Massada, 1962 * Grandma's Dove (HaYonah Shel Savta), Massada, 1963 * The Daughter (HaBat), Massada, 1966 * Nunu, Twersky, 1967 * Towers in Jerusalem (Migdalim B`Yerushalayim), Massada, 1968 * Diligent Girls (Yeladot Harutzot), Yizre`el, 1968 * Operation 52 (Mivtzah 52), Massada, 1971 * Michali, Massada (Michali), 1974 * Really? (BeEmet?), Sifriat Poalim, 1978 * Fire Chariot (Rechev Esh), Lichtenfeld-Bronfman, 1979 * Tantan comes to Visit (Tantan Ba LeHitareah), Massada, 1979 * Muki is Angry with Mum (Muki BeRogez Al Ima), Massada, 1980 * Grandma's Teddy Bear Goes North (Duby Shel Savta Yotze LaTzafon), Sifriat Poalim, 1982 * Three Diligent Girls (Shalosh Yeladot Harutzot), Domino, 1983 * Hello Grandma, It's Me Talking (Hallo Savta, Zo Ani Medaberet), Keter, 1984 * Daddy's Paratrooper Boots (Na`alei HaTzanhanim Shel Aba), Lichtenfeld, 1984 * Mommy I'm Bored! (Ima, Mesha`amem Li!), Keter, 1986 * Grandma Wears Sportwear (Savta Be Training), Massada, 1988 * You will not Keep Me at Home (Oti Lo tashiru BaBait), Keter, 1988 * Little Fibbs (Shkarim Ktanim), Keter, 1990 * Who Kidnapped Boaz? (Mi Hataf Et Boaz?) Keter, 1992 * Stories for Roee (Sipurim LeRoee), Keter, 1993 * Yemima Avidar-Tchernovitz's Big Book (HaSefer HaGadol Shel Yemima Avidar-Tchernovitz), Am Oved, 1995 * Grandma Through the Windows (Savta Yatza MeHaHalonot), Keter, 1997
* Kindergarten Songs (Gan-Gani) – English: Tel Aviv, Twersky, 1957 * The Daughter: The Diary of an Israeli Girl – English: Ramat Gan, Massada Press, 1969 * Home! – Spanish: Buenos Aires, Editorial Israel, 1961 * One of Our Own – Spanish: Buenos Aires, Editorial Israel, 1953 * Two Friends on the Road – Russian: Jerusalem, Aliya, 1993
* Children\'s literature portal
* List of Israel Prize recipients
* ^ A B C D Zuta, Rama. "Yemima Tchernovitz-Avidar". Jewish Women: A Comprehensive Historical Encyclopedia. Jewish Women's Archive. * ^ Mashiach, Celina. "Children\'s Literature in Hebrew". Jewish Women: A Comprehensive Historical Encyclopedia. Jewish Women's Archive. * ^ " Israel Prize recipients in 1984 (in Hebrew)". Israel Prize Official Site. * ^ " Yakir Yerushalaim recipients in 1992 (in Hebrew)". The Jerusalem Municipality website. * ^ "Yemima Avidar-Tchernovitz". The Institute for the Translation of Hebrew Literature.
* WorldCat Identities * VIAF : 15012076 * LCCN : n85281804 * ISNI : 0000 0000 8094 5581 * GND : 173277039 * BNF : cb14548467q (data) * IATH