- 19 Dec - Béla H. Bánáthy rewarded good article
The Béla H. Bánáthy article created by Btphelps and others has been listed as one of the Social sciences and society good articles under the good article criteria.
- 24 Sept - Béla H. Bánáthy on Did you know
On 24 Sept 2008, the Did you know? template on the main page was updated with a fact from the new article on Systems art created by Btphelps and others. It stated:
- Did you know ... that systems scientist Béla H. Bánáthy conceived of a conference where all attendees present papers, and the conference itself is an in-depth, extended conversation between all participants?
- 16 Sept - Mathematical diagram on Did you know
On 16 Sept 2008, the Did you know? template on the main page was updated with a fact from the new article on mathematical diagram created by Marcel Douwe Dekker. It stated:
- Did you know ... that despite the long-established use of mathematical diagrams (Voronoi diagram pictured), going back to the Ancient Greeks, the scientific study of them has only recently begun?
- 15 Sept - 0.7 for Systems
0.7 is a collection of English articles due to be released on DVD, and available for free download, later this year. The Wikipedia:Version 1.0 Editorial Team has made an automated selection of articles for Version 0.7.
- 4 Aug - WikiProject Systems/Cleanup listing
Currently, 523 articles are assigned to this project, of which 156, or 29.8%, are flagged for cleanup of some sort. (Data as of 14 July 2008.) Are you interested in finding out more? User:B. Wolterding has offered to generate cleanup to-do lists on a project or work group level. See Wikipedia:WikiProject Systems/Cleanup listing
- 1 July - Jacques Bertin on Did you know
On I July 2008, the Did you know? template on the main page was updated with a fact from the new article on Jacques Bertin created by Marcel Douwe Dekker. It stated:
- Did you know ... that French cartographer Jacques Bertin was the first to provide a theoretical foundation to Information Visualization?
- 7 April - Systems science on YouTube
On YouTube an initiative has been started by Mdd to collect movies on YouTube about systems, systems science and systems scientists. See here.
- 15 March - article traffic statistics
A new tool the article traffic statistics seems to give an interesting view on the popularity of the systems articles. With this tool several listings have been made of number of views in systems articles in February 2008, see here.
- 4 March - Systems Science Portal extended
The Systems Science Portal is further extended. It now introduces 10 of the most excellent pictures, 10 images and 10 systems scientists. If you have more suggestions, please let us know here.
- For older news, see: Archive
- Last updated by - Jiuguang Wang (talk) 00:08, 23 April 2008 (UTC)