A VARSITY MATCH is a sporting fixture between two university rivals.
It is most commonly used to describe meetings between Cambridge
* 1 Varsity in England
* 1.1 Oxbridge * 1.2 London rivalries * 1.3 City rivalries
* 1.4 Regional rivalries
* 1.4.1 North East * 1.4.2 North West * 1.4.3 Yorkshire and the Humber * 1.4.4 Midlands * 1.4.5 East * 1.4.6 South East * 1.4.7 South West * 1.4.8 Northern England
* 1.5 Other
* 2 Varsity in Ireland * 3 Varsity in Scotland * 4 Varsity in Wales * 5 See also * 6 References
VARSITY IN ENGLAND
By far the country's longest-running series of varsity matches is
played between the
In recent years, city and regional sporting rivalries have developed.
The Boat Race
* King\'s College London v.
* The London Varsity - Rugby
* King\'s College London v. King\'s College London School of Medicine
* The Macadam Cup - Swimming gala, Water polo, Badminton, Squash, Hockey (men and women), Mixed fencing, Mixed tennis, Ultimate frisbee, Rugby (men and women), Netball, Lacrosse, Football (men and women) and Darts
* West London Varsity: Rugby, Football, Basketball, Netball and Cricket.
* Varsity - Rugby, Hockey, Netball, Football, Lacrosse, Basketball, Tennis
Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry v. Queen
* The Merger Cup - rugby, football, hockey, rowing, tennis, badminton, netball, squash, and basketball
* The Arts Cup - Basketball, Football, Hockey, Netball and Rugby
* West London Varsity
* Allom Cup - Rowing
* Varsity Series (2004–present)
* Established in 1995, the Bristol Boat Race is the country's second oldest varsity boat race after the Oxbridge event.
* Leeds Varsity
* Sheffield Varsity (1996-Present) Sheffield Hallam University lead the series 10-9, whilst two competitions have ended as draws.
* White Rose Varsity (until 2011)
* The Two Cities Rugby League Challenge * The Two Cities Boat Race - Rowing
* Varsity of Leicester
* ^ http://users.ox.ac.uk/%7Equiz/comp/varsity/varsity.shtml * ^ http://oxfordstudent.com/2013/05/16/oxford-archers-on-target-against-tabs/ * ^ http://www.afl.com.au/News/NEWSARTICLE/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=70578 * ^ https://www.facebook.com/events/195591497146413/ * ^ http://www.srcf.ucam.org/cuarfc/ * ^ http://www.sport.ox.ac.uk/sport/aussie-rules/ * ^ http://www.thelondonvarsity.com/ * ^ http://kclsu.org/page.asp?section=1460§ionTitle=Results+2013 * ^ http://www.uwl.ac.uk/news-events/news/year-uwlsu-look-back-highlights-students%E2%80%99-union * ^ http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/sports/varsity * ^ http://www.gold.ac.uk/sports/varsity/ * ^ http://www.smuc.ac.uk/news/videos/2013/04/west-london-varsity-2013-st-marys-vs-brunel/ * ^ http://ulbc.co.uk/allom-cup/ * ^ http://www.leedsvarsity.com/ * ^ http://sheffieldvarsity.com * ^ A B C Farrell, Jake (21 January 2011). "York St. John Sabbatical Officer voices disappointment over Varsity shake-up". Nouse. * ^ http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/rugby_league/s/1098294_varsity_game_heading_for_willows * ^ http://www.twocitiesboatrace.co.uk/ * ^ http://leicesterunion.com/studentgroups/varsity * ^ http://www.yorkvision.co.uk/news/white-rose-varsity-cancelled-indefinitely/08/08/2013 * ^ http://thehullfire.com/news/hull-in-new-varsity-with-lincoln * ^ http://sheffieldvarsity.com * ^ http://www.sport.bham.ac.uk/news.aspx?itemid=2343&itemTitle=Birmingham+rowers+take+Varsity+crown+&sitesectionid=32&sitesectiontitle=Latest+News * ^ http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/insite/newsandevents/intnews2/varsity09 * ^ http://varsity.radio.warwick.ac.uk/ * ^ http://www.upsu.net/varsity/ * ^ https://www.susu.org/something-for-everyone/sports/varsity/2013/ * ^ http://www.sussex.ac.uk/internal/bulletin/staff/2013-14/04042014/varsity * ^ "RHUL are competing in Varsity for the first time ever". The Tab Royal Holloway. 2016-10-04. Retrieved 2016-10-21. * ^ http://www.uwesu.org/varsity/ * ^ Sears, Maddy (30 January 2014). "York College Varsity Announced". Palatinate . Retrieved 7 October 2015. * ^ Pascoe, James (29 October 2013). "New College Varsity". York Vision. Retrieved 8 October 2015. * ^ "Sport". James College, York. Retrieved 8 October 2015. * ^ Houghton, Kate (24 November 2011). "Collingwood host college from York University". Palatinate . Retrieved 8 October 2015. * ^ Washington, Dave (29 October 2013). "Langwith succumb to Josephine-Butler". York Vision. Retrieved 9 October 2015. * ^ "#BUCSwednesday Focus on Loughborough". BUCS . 5 November 2014. Retrieved 9 October 2015. * ^ Carey, Simon (7 October 2015). "Want to get involved with sport? You’re at the right University". Palatinate . Retrieved 9 October 2015. * ^ "Durham Varsity". Loughborough Sport. Retrieved 30 October 2016. * ^ http://www.ucd.ie/news/2013/03MAR13/190313-UCD-wins-three-of-four-Irish-Colours-Boat-Races-and-takes-Gannon-Cup-for-sixth-year-in-a-row.html * ^ http://local.stv.tv/aberdeen/news/sport/215544-aberdeen-uni-and-robert-gordon-uni-take-on-aberdeen-boat-race/ * ^ http://www.dundee.ac.uk/pressreleases/2013/march13/varsity.htm * ^ http://local.stv.tv/edinburgh/13618-heriot-watt-takes-back-varsity-quaich-during-this-years-games/ * ^ http://www.ed.ac.uk/schools-departments/sports-union/news-events/varsity-win