UTC+08:00 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of +08:00. In ISO 8601 the associated time would be written as 2017-08-09T20:35:52+08:00.
With an estimated population of 1.708 billion living within the time zone, roughly 24% of the world population, it is the most populous time zone in world, as well as a possible candidate for ASEAN Common Time .
This time zone is used in all Chinese-speaking countries, giving international Chinese websites the same time.
The southern-half of Vietnam (
Republic of Vietnam
* 1 As standard time (all year round)
* 1.1 North Asia * 1.2 East Asia * 1.3 Southeast Asia * 1.4 Oceania * 1.5 Antarctica
* 2.1 Areas located within UTC+08 longitudes using other time zones
* 2.2.1 Areas between 127°30′ E and 142°30′ E ("physical" UTC+09) * 2.2.2 Areas between 97°30′ E and 112°30′ E ("physical" UTC+07) * 2.2.3 Areas between 82°30′ E and 97°30′ E ("physical" UTC+06) * 2.2.4 Areas between 67°30′ E and 82°30′ E ("physical" UTC+05)
* 3 See also * 4 References * 5 External links
AS STANDARD TIME (ALL YEAR ROUND)
* Russia - Irkutsk Time
* Australia - Western Standard Time (AWST)
* Some bases in Antarctica. See also Time in Antarctica .
DISCREPANCIES BETWEEN OFFICIAL UTC+08 AND GEOGRAPHICAL UTC+08
This section is only partly updated for Russia which had the latest time zone changes in 2016.
AREAS LOCATED WITHIN UTC+08 LONGITUDES USING OTHER TIME ZONES
This concerns areas within 112°30′ E to 127°30′ E longitude.
* Parts of
Areas Between 127°30′ E And 142°30′ E ("physical" UTC+09)
* Parts of (north)eastern
Areas Between 97°30′ E And 112°30′ E ("physical" UTC+07)
From south to north:
* Many parts of central
* western half of:
* western third of:
* In Russia, most of:
Areas Between 82°30′ E And 97°30′ E ("physical" UTC+06)
* Parts of
* most of
Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (although many locals
set their clocks at
UTC+06 even if it is officially UTC+08, in any
case work and shop schedules are two hours after Beijing). See also
Areas Between 67°30′ E And 82°30′ E ("physical" UTC+05)
Time in Australia
* Time in
* ^ Bending Time in Xinjiang
* History of Hong Kong Time Service