The Ocean Survey Vessel (OSV) Bold was operated by the United States
Environmental Protection Agency . Originally commissioned as the USNS
Victorious, it was renamed USNS BOLD (T-AGOS-12) and was a
Stalwart-class Auxiliary General Ocean Surveillance Ship of the .
Stalwart class ships were originally designed to collect underwater
acoustical data in support of
The ship was transferred to the EPA in 2004. The ship is equipped with sidescan sonar, underwater video, water and sediment sampling instruments in study of ocean and coastline. One of the major missions of the Bold is to monitor sites where materials are dumped from dredging operations in U.S. ports for ecological impact. In 2013, the Bold was awarded to Seattle Central Community College (SCCC) by the General Services Administration. SCCC demonstrated in a competition that they would put it to the highest and best purpose, and acquired the ship at a cost of $5,000.
However, by 2015 SCCC had failed to develop the plans for the BOLD which they had pledged to the GSA to implement and as such GSA placed the ship for sale to the general public. By the middle of the year the ship was auctioned to an undisclosed party who moved the ship to Lake Union Drydock in Seattle for layberthing. The ship has since been placed for sale on eBay for $4M.
This article includes a list of references , but ITS SOURCES REMAIN UNCLEAR because it has INSUFFICIENT INLINE CITATIONS . Please help to improve this article by introducing more precise citations. (January 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message )
* This article includes information collected from the Naval Vessel Register , which, as a U.S. government publication, is in the public domain . The entry can be found here. * NavSource
* ^ Ships and Aircraft of the U.S. Navy (various editions) published by U.S. Naval Institute, Annapolis, MD * ^ "About the OSV Bold". EPA. pp. EPA 842–F–05–004. Retrieved 2009-01-17. * ^ "OSV Bold". Brochure. EPA. Retrieved 2009-01-17. * ^ Long, Katherine. "What a $5,000 deal: Seattle Central gets former Navy ship Local News". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
* v * t * e
Stalwart-class ocean surveillance ships
* Stalwart * Contender * Vindicator * Triumph * Assurance * Persistent * Indomitable * Prevail * Assertive * Invincible * Dauntless / Audacious * Vigorous / Bold * Adventurous * Worthy * Titan * Capable * Intrepid / Tenacious * Relentless
UNITED STATES COAST GUARD
* Vindicator * Persistent
UNITED STATES ARMY
UNITED STATES EPA
UNITED STATES NOAA
* McArthur II (ex-Indomitable) * Ka\'imimoana (ex-Titan) * Hi\'ialakai (ex-Vindicator) * Oscar Elton Sette (ex-Adventurous) * Gordon Gunter (ex-Relentless) * Okeanos Explorer (ex-Capable)
ROYAL NEW ZEALAND NAVY
* Resolution (ex-Tenacious)
* Dom Carlos I (ex-Audacious) * Almirante Gago Coutinho (ex-Assurance)
* Preceded by: None * Followed by: Victorious class
This article about a specific ship or boat of the United States Armed Forces is a stub . You can help by expanding it .