THE VIRGIN BOOK OF BRITISH HIT SINGLES is a charts reference book published in October 2008. It replaces the Guinness Book of British Hit Singles solo singers, duets, groups and bands. The song titles, along with the highest UK Chart position, and number of weeks in Top 40 are included. The first edition featured this information along, with a list of all the songs in an A-Z list at the end of the book, for easy reference.
The second edition of the book, referred to as 'Volume 2', was published in 2010 and had a number of changes, including the addition of a new section listing all the UK No. 1 singles from 1952 until the book was completed in early 2010.
It also gave more information about each artist underneath their names, this information included aspects such as the lead singer, the year of birth, nationalities and a brief history or overview, not all these aspects for each artist though. This information is similar to that seen in the Guinness UK hit singles and album books.
* ^ "Amazon page for VBBHS". Retrieved 2009-02-18.
* v * t * e
* 1950s * 1960s * 1970s * 1980s * 1990s * 2000s * 2010s * Number one artists * Most number ones * Christmas * Posthumous * Scottish * Instrumental * Simultaneous UK and US * Top 10 singles (By artist )
* 1950s * 1960s * 1970s * 1980s * 1990s * 2000s (decade) * 2010s * 1900s * 2000s (century) * All time * Yearly * Most downloaded * Most streamed * Million-sellers * Platinum singles (pre-2000) * Platinum singles (post-2000) * Most weeks on chart * One-hit wonders * Records
* 1950s * 1960s * 1970s * 1980s * 1990s * 2000s * 2010s * Most number ones * Christmas * Posthumous * Simultaneous UK and US
* 1950s * 1960s * 1970s * 1980s * 1990s * 2000s (decade) * 2010s * 2000s (century) * All time * Yearly * Most weeks on chart * One-hit wonders
* Christian & Gospel * Classical (singles /albums /compilations ) * Dance (singles /albums ) * Indie (singles /albums ) * Indie Breakers (singles /albums ) * Progressive * R&B (singles /albums ) * Rock border-left-width:2px;border-left-style:solid;width:100%;padding:0px">