TIMOTHY CHARLES WILLIAM "TIM" BLANNING, FBA (born 21 Apr 1942), known as TIMOTHY C. W. BLANNING, is a British historian and academic. He is a Fellow of Sidney Sussex College and retired Professor of Modern European History at the University of Cambridge . His scholarly work focuses on the history of Continental Europe from the 17th century to the beginning of the First World War .
* 1 Honours
* 2 Works
* 2.1 Books authored * 2.2 Books edited
* 3 References * 4 External links
* Joseph II and Enlightened Despotism (Longman, 1970) * Reform and Revolution in Mainz, 1743–1803 (Cambridge University Press, 1974) * The French Revolution in Germany: Occupation and Resistance in the Rhineland, 1792-1802 (Oxford University Press, 1983) * The Origins of the French Revolutionary Wars (Longman, 1986) * The French Revolution: Aristocrats versus Bourgeois? (Macmillan, 1987) * Joseph II (Longman, 1994) * The French Revolutionary Wars 1787-1802 (Edward Arnold, 1996) * The French Revolution: Class War or Culture Clash? (Macmillan, 1997) * The Culture of Power and the Power of Culture: Old Regime Europe, 1660-1789 (Oxford University Press, 2002) * The Pursuit of Glory: Europe 1648–1815 (Penguin, 2007) * The Triumph of Music: The Rise of Composers, Musicians and Their Art (2008) * The Romantic Revolution: A History (2011) * Frederick the Great: King of Prussia (Allen Lane, 2015)
* The Oxford Illustrated History of Modern Europe (Oxford University
* The Rise and Fall of the French Revolution (Chicago University
* ^ "Professor Timothy Blanning". British Academy. Retrieved 30 July 2017. * ^ "British Academy announces 2016 prizes and medal winners". British Academy. 27 September 2016. Retrieved 30 July 2017.