STDU Viewer is computer software, a compact viewer for many computer file formats: Portable Document Format (PDF), World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), DjVu, comic book archive (CBR or CBZ), FB2, ePUB, XML Paper Specification (XPS), Text Compression for Reader (TCR), Mobipocket (MOBI), AZW, multi-page TIFF, text file (TXT), PalmDoc (PDB), Windows Metafile (EMF), Windows Metafile (WMF), bitmap (BMP), Graphics Interchange Format (GIF), JPEG-JPG, Portable Network Graphics (PNG), Photoshop Document (PSD), PiCture eXchang (PCX-DCX). It works under Microsoft Windows, and is free for non-commercial use.
STDU viewer is developed in the programming language C++.
STDU Viewer has a tabbed document interface. Current versions allow users to save and restore sessions manually. It displays thumbnails of pages, it can create users' bookmarks, make color adjustments, and change text settings. The program supports three types of search algorithms and all the search results can be displayed in a list.
The rotation to 90 degrees option is useful for the portrait orientation of monitors. The opened document pages can be exported to text or image.
The first STDU Viewer was version 1.0.60, released on 13 September 2007. It supported three formats: PDF (including hyperlinks embedded), DjVu, and Tagged Image File Format (TIFF).
Version 1.0.76 introduced Unicode character support. Version 1.4.7 introduced the Print document function.
STDU Viewer was appreciated for its feature to read a wide range of ebook formats and can be considered as a replacement for Adobe Acrobat’s reader.
STDU Viewer was included in the list of top 50 freeware of 2009 and best software for students.
The program doesn't support formats for online help Microsoft Compiled HTML Help (CHM), Microsoft Reader (LIT), document (DOC), and HyperText Markup Language (HTML). When printing PDF document, a large temporary file is created, so the printing process is slow.
- ^ a b "STDU Viewer". STDUtility.com. 2012.
- ^ Bart van Klaveren (April 4, 2011). "STDU Viewer 1.5.632" (in Dutch). tweakers.net.
- ^ Farshad (April 5, 2011). "STDU Viewer Opens Different Types Of Documents In Tabs". addictivetips.com.
- ^ a b c d Adam Pash (October 6, 2009). "STDU Viewer Is an Impressive Tabbed Document Reader". lifehacker.com. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- ^ a b c d e "STDU Viewer: one-stop ebook reader for PDF, DJV, XPS, CBZ, CBR, TIFF, and TXT formats". freewaregenius.com. October 5, 2009. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- ^ a b Raluca Burlacu (February 5, 2009). "STDU Viewer Review". Softpedia. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- ^ a b Юрий Меркулов (September 30, 2009). Обзор небольших утилит. Сентябрь 2009. [Overview of small utilities. September 2009.] (in Russian). iXBT.com. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- ^ Maria José Carrasco Zamora (2010). "STDU Viewer Review". Software Informer. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- ^ CNET staff (September 3, 2010). "STDU Viewer". cnet.com.
- ^ Michaël Monnier et Stéphane Ruscher (December 27, 2009). "Les 50 meilleurs logiciels gratuits de l'année 2009!" (in French). Clubic.com. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- ^ Michaël Monnier et Stéphane Ruscher (September 6, 2009). "Rentrée : Top des logiciels étudiants et lycéens !" (in French). Clubic.com. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- ^ Matthieu Gagnot (December 2, 2009). "STDU Viewer 1.5.326 "PDF, XPS, CBS... Un lecteur pour tous!"" (in French). Softonic.fr. Retrieved September 8, 2010.