ROCK THE REBEL/METAL THE DEVIL is the second studio album by Danish
heavy metal band
The song "Mr. # Mrs. Ness" continues the story of Danny & Lucy, which began on the bands debut album with the tracks "Fire Song" and "Danny & Lucy (11 PM)". This story is continued on Volbeat's next album, Guitar Gangsters & Cadillac Blood with the song "Mary Ann's Place" and is concluded on the band's newest album, Seal The Deal & Let's Boogie, with the song "You Will Know".
The track "The Garden's Tale" was released as a single in
* 1 Reception * 2 Track listing * 3 Personnel * 4 Charts * 5 Certification * 6 References * 7 External links
Rock the Rebel/Metal the Devil
Kyle of Metalreviews.com was also positive in his review, saying "it (the album) brings out the best bits of groove metal, thrash metal, and hard rock, along with a dose of rockabilly and bright punk that gives the album a glow that is rarely ever heard in our pessimistic brand of music." Though the reviewer did criticize the songs "River Queen", "You Or Them" and "Radio Girl", saying that the latter was " simply too poppy to fit in properly here, even though the song itself is fairly inoffensive."
All tracks written by Michael Poulsen .
NO. TITLE LENGTH
1. "The Human Instrument" 4:29
2. "Mr. float:right;padding-left:10px;background-color:#eee;margin-right:2px">TOTAL LENGTH: 42:33
Production and performance credits are adapted from the album liner
* Johan Olsen ( Magtens Korridorer ) – Danish vocals on "The Garden's Tale"
* Anders Pedersen ( Giant Sand ) – lap steel guitar on "The Human Instrument" and "Sad Man's Tongue" * Rod Sinclair – banjo and guitar solo on "Sad Man's Tongue" * Martin Pagaard Wolff – acoustic guitar on "Sad Man's Tongue" * Jacob Hansen – backing vocals on "River Queen" and "Soulweeper #2"
* Jacob Hansen – engineering , mixing , mastering * Martin Pagaard Wolff – co-engineering * Daniel Madsein – studio drum technician
Artwork and photography
* Jester – artwork , design * Jacob Dinesen – photography of Poulsen, Kjølholm and Larsen * Manne Gersby – photography of "Hellboss" * Axel Jusseit – photography of Volbeat
CHART Peak position
Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria ) 54
Danish Albums ( Hitlisten ) 1
Finnish Albums (Suomen virallinen lista ) 14
German Albums (Offizielle Top 100 ) 76
Swedish Albums ( Sverigetopplistan ) 41
REGION CERTIFICATION CERTIFIED UNITS /SALES
DENMARK (IFPI DENMARK ) Platinum 30,000^
*sales figures based on certification alone ^shipments figures based on certification alone
* ^ Alisoglu, Scott. "CD Reviews - Rock The Rebel / Metal The
Blabbermouth.net . Retrieved March 2,
* ^ Volbeat. "