PRINCESS WILHELMINE OF BADEN (21 September 1788 – 27 January 1836), was by birth Princess of Baden and by marriage Grand Duchess consort of Hesse and the Rhine.
She was the youngest daughter of Charles Louis, Hereditary Prince of Baden and Amalia of Hesse-Darmstadt .
* 1 Life * 2 Issue * 3 Titles and styles * 4 Ancestry * 5 Sources
In 1820 she acquired the Heiligenberg Castle , where she met her chamberlain Baron August von Senarclens de Grancy , with whom she maintained a longtime affair; her last four children, including Alexander and Marie , were believed to have been fathered by Senarclens de Grancy, although they were recognized by Grand Duke Louis II as his own. In 1830, following her father-in-law's death, she became Grand Duchess consort of Hesse and the Rhine.
* Prince Ludwig of Hesse-Darmstadt (9 June 1806 – 13 June 1877);
(the future Grand Duke).
* Stillborn son (18 August 1807).
* Prince Karl Wilhelm Ludwig of Hesse-Darmstadt (23 April 1809 –
20 March 1877).
* Princess Amalia Elisabeth Luise Karoline Friederike Wilhelmine of
Hesse-Darmstadt (20 May 1821 – 27 May 1826).
* Stillborn daughter (7 June 1822).
* Prince Alexander Ludwig Georg Friedrich Emil of Hesse-Darmstadt
(15 July 1823 – 15 December 1888)
* Princess Maximiliane Wilhelmine Auguste Sophie Marie of
Hesse-Darmstadt (8 August 1824 – 3 June 1880); the future Empress
consort of Tsar
Alexander II of Russia
Her descendants included both Tsar Nicholas II of
TITLES AND STYLES
* 21 SEPTEMBER 1788 - 19 JUNE 1804: Her Serene Highness Princess Wilhelmine of Baden * 19 JUNE 1804 - 13 AUGUST 1806: Her Serene Highness The Hereditary Landgravine of Hesse-Darmstadt * 13 AUGUST 1806 - 6 APRIL 1830: Her Royal Highness The Hereditary Grand Duchess of Hesse and by Rhine * 6 APRIL 1830 - 27 JANUARY 1836: Her Royal Highness The Grand Duchess of Hesse and by Rhine
Wikimedia Commons has media related to PRINCESS WILHELMINE OF BADEN .
ANCESTORS OF PRINCESS WILHELMINE OF BADEN
PRINCESS WILHELMINE OF BADEN
* Egon Caesar Conte Corti: Unter Zaren und gekrönten Frauen. Schicksal und Tragik europäischer Kaiserreiche an Hand von Briefen, Tagebüchern und Geheimdokumenten der Zarin Marie von Rußland und des Prinzen Alexander von Hessen. Editorial Pustet, 1949. * Wilhelmine Louise, princess of Baden in: geneall.net .
Princess Wilhelmine of Baden
VACANT Title last held by LOUISE OF HESSE-DARMSTADT GRAND DUCHESS OF HESSE AND BY RHINE 16 April 1830 – 27 January 1836 VACANT Title next held by MATHILDE CAROLINE OF BAVARIA
* v * t * e
Princesses of Baden by birth
The generations indicate descent from Charles Frederick , the first Grand Duke of a united Baden.
* Amalie, Princess von Fürstenberg
* Princess Amalie
* Caroline, Queen of Bavaria
* Empress Elizabeth Alexeievna of
* Victoria, Queen of Sweden * Marie, Duchess of Anhalt
* Marie Alexandra, Princess Wolfgang of Hesse
* Margarita, Princess Tomislav of Yugoslavia *
* Princess Marie Louise, Mrs. Richard Dudley Baker* * Princess Sophie Thyra* * Princess Aglaë Margarete*
*Titular princess of Baden due to the 1918 German Revolution
* v * t * e
Princesses of Hesse and by Rhine by marriage
* Princess Louise of Hesse-Darmstadt
* Princess Wilhelmine of Baden
* Princess Cecilie of Greece and Denmark * Margaret Campbell-Geddes1
* 1did not have a royal or noble title by birth
* WorldCat Identities * VIAF : 8250413 * GND :