PRETTY MAIDS are a Danish hard rock /heavy metal band from
Over the years,
After a prolonged international touring hiatus before the release of the 2006 Wake Up to the Real World album, the band have every year since been touring their primary markets of Denmark, Sweden, Germany, and Spain.
In March 2014,
* 1 History
* 1.1 1980s * 1.2 1990s * 1.3 2000s * 1.4 2010s
* 2 Influences and Legacy
* 3 Band members
* 3.1 Timeline
* 4 Discography * 5 References * 6 External links
In 1983, the band released their debut self-titled EP under the name
In 1984, the band released their debut studio album, Red, Hot and
Heavy, which was a success. More acclaim was followed with their
second studio album, Future World, released in 1987. It was recorded
New York City
The 1990 Follow up Jump the Gun, was produced by
They would not quit, but however, so they recruited drummer Michael
Fast and bass player Kenn Jackson, and went on to record
1992 with famed
The band did very well in
In 1995 however, the band really surprised the fans and critics by releasing the storming Scream. This was an altogether heavier and guitar-lead approach which gained numerous plaudits and saw the band release their first live album, Screamin' Live.
The follow-up Spooked, released in 1997, was regarded by many as an instant classic, maintaining the energy and heaviness of Scream whilst still capturing the quintessential melody that is Pretty Maids.
1999's Anything Worth Doing Is Worth Overdoing, whilst certainly having an overdone album title, also produced one of the songs of the year with Hell on High Heels, an absolute monster of commercial, hard driving rock.
In 2000 the Danish heavy rockers released the album Carpe Diem. A
touch more melodic than their previous offerings - a fact that hasn't
gone down too well with certain factions of their fan-base, but this
is still a classic album which has all the
In 2003 their management company Rock On went bankrupt due to some very unwise business moves in September 2002. This left Pretty Maids in a very bad financial situation and also left them with a lot of legal problems as well as lot of business and copyright mess.
Lead guitarist Ken Hammer was struck by a heart attack on December 6, 2003. He has since recovered completely and has been on stage numerous times since the incident.
As of July 2005 the drummer since 1991, Michael Fast, decided to leave before the recording of Wake Up to the Real World - an album that was originally intended to be released in 2005, but the initial recordings was postponed to the summer of 2006. In April 2006, new drummer Allan Tschicaja ( Royal Hunt , Kingdom Come ) was announced as Michael Fast's replacement. In 2006, Morten Sandager (ex-Mercenary ) joined Pretty Maids, playing the keyboards.
On May 14, 2010
Celebrating their 30th anniversary,
On September 15, 2012,
In December 2015,
In February 2016,
On May 1, 2017 it was announced that drummer Allan Tschicaja had left
the band. In a statement he said: "It’s been a difficult decision
for me, but I want to focus more on family, friends and other
projects." He was replaced by
Allan Sørensen on May 9, 2017, where
he played for the first time with
INFLUENCES AND LEGACY
Over the years, they have recorded cover songs from many of these
influences, including their most famous hit to date: A 1992 cover of
Pretty Maids' song "Back to Back" from their debut album Red, Hot and
Heavy was covered by two Swedish metal bands;
* Ronnie Atkins (Paul Christensen) – lead vocals (1981–present) * Ken Hammer (Kenneth Hansen) – guitar (1981–present) * Rene Shades (Rene Sehic) – bass (2004, 2011–present) * Chris Laney – keyboards , guitar (2016–present) * Allan Sørensen – drums (2017–present)
* John Darrow (Johnny Møller) – bass (1981–1984) * Phil More (Henrik Andersen) – drums (1981–1990) * Alan Owen (Allan Nielsen) – keyboards (1981–1990), studio keyboards (1990–2006) * Pete Collins (Jan Piete) – guitar (1981–1989) * Allan Delong (Allan Jensen) – bass (1984–1990) * Ricky Marx (Henrik Mark) – guitar (1989–1991) * Michael Fast – drums (1991–2005) * Kenn Jackson (Kenn Lund Jacobsen) – bass (1991–2010) * Morten Sandager – keyboards (2006–2016) * Hal Patino – bass (2010–2011) * Allan Tschicaja – drums (2006–2017)
Temporary members – mostly live support
* Dominic Gale – keyboards (1992, 1995, 1998, 1999) The Shout * Henrik Hilsson – keyboards (1993) * Jan Møller – keyboards (1997, 2001–2004) * Jørgen Thorup – keyboards (2000) Shu-Bi-Dua * René Shades (René Sehic) – guitar (2004) Mike Tramp, Sateria, Shades ">
* ^ "
Wikimedia Commons has media related to PRETTY MAIDS .