PETER D\'AMATO is an American author, businessman, and carnivorous
plant authority. He is the owner of
For almost 40 years, D'Amato has been growing carnivorous plants. In
1989, he opened the
He has traveled all over the
University of North Carolina 's Botanical Garden
Atlanta Botanical Garden
* California Horticultural Society
University of California at Berkeley
San Diego Zoo
* Fredrick Meijer Gardens (Grand Rapids)
San Francisco Zoo
D'Amato has also appeared on a number of TV shows including:
* Home and Garden Network programs * Martha Stewart Living * Various travel and garden shows
* ^ Snyder, G. 1998. Savage Garden: Carnivorous plants fill Sonoma
County greenhouse with bizarre beauty. San Francisco Chronicle,
October 30, 1998.
* ^ Lee, L. 2002. Sonoma\'s little shop of horrors: The world\'s
largest public collection of carnivorous botanicals lurks in
Sebastopol. San Francisco Chronicle, October 25, 2002.
* ^ Coffey, G. 2002. Weird world of the bug eaters: Carnivorous
plants nibble at gardeners\' sense of curiosity. San Francisco
Chronicle, November 6, 2002.
* ^ Van Cleef, L. 2004. The Savage Garden. San Francisco Chronicle,
July 21, 2004.
* ^ Yollin, P. 2007. Garden of savage delights: Carnivorous plant
show comes to Golden Gate Park. San Francisco Chronicle, May 4, 2007.
* ^ Eaton, J. & R. Sullivan 2010. Snared by a taste for carnivorous
plant life. San Francisco Chronicle, July 14, 2010.
* ^ D'Amato, P. 1998. The Savage Garden: Cultivating Carnivorous
Plants . Ten Speed Press, Berkeley, California.
* ^ A B C "