PAVEL SEMYONOVICH LUNGIN PAR (Russian : Па́вел Семёнович Лунги́н; born July 12, 1949) is a Russian film director. He is sometimes credited as Pavel Loungine (as in the American release of Tycoon ).
Born 12 July 1949 in
Lungin was awarded the Best Director Prize at 1990 Cannes Film
Festival for the film
Taxi Blues starring
Pyotr Mamonov . That same
year he took up residence in
He was the librettist for Nikolai Karetnikov 's opera Till Eulenspiegel (written 1983) and Karetnikov's oratorio The Mystery of St. Paul.
In 2006 he directed the religious film The Island which also starred
Mamonov. The film closed the 63rd Venice International Film Festival
and was praised by the
Russian Orthodox Church
Lungin was awarded the distinction People\'s Artist of
In 2009 he was the President of the Jury at the 31st Moscow International Film Festival .
In March 2014 he signed a letter in support of the position of the
FILMOGRAPHY (AS DIRECTOR)
* Taxi Blues (1990) * Luna Park (1992) * Lifeline (1996) * The Wedding (2000) * Tycoon (2002) * Poor Relatives (2005) * The Island (2006) * Tsar (2009) * Dirizhor (The Conductor) (2012) * Rodina (Homeland) (2015)
* ^ Лунгин Павел Семёнович
* ^ Биография Павла Лунгина (IN RUSSIAN).
PEOPLE\'S HISTORY. 27 JULY 2007. RETRIEVED 2010-01-26.
* ^ "Festival de Cannes: Taxi Blues". festival-cannes.com.
* ^ "Festival de Cannes: Luna Park". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved
* ^ "18th
* ^ SBU issues entry ban against 140 Russian artists,
Ukraine’s State Security Service bans 140 Russian cultural figures
from entering country,
TASS news agency (5 November 2016) * ^
Gutterman, Steve. "Putin signs Crimea treaty, will not seize other
* v * t * e
Cannes Film Festival Best Director Award