PATRICK DAMON CANNON (born November 27, 1966) is an American
politician and member of the Democratic Party who served on the City
Charlotte, North Carolina from 1994 through 2013 and was
subsequently elected the city's 56th Mayor in November 2013. On March
26, 2014, Cannon was arrested on charges of accepting over $48,000 in
bribes from undercover
* 1 Education
* 2 Political career
* 2.1 Arrest on corruption charges and guilty plea
* 3 References * 4 External links
Cannon received a bachelor's degree in communications with a concentration in business marketing from North Carolina A -webkit-column-width: 30em; column-width: 30em; list-style-type: decimal;">
* ^ A B C D Morrill, Jim (November 3, 2013). "Decision 2013: It's
your vote". The Charlotte Observer. Charlotte, North Carolina:
McClatchy Company: 21A.
* ^ Foreman Jr., Tom; Weiss, Mitch (March 26, 2014). "Charlotte
mayor resigns; accused of taking bribes". Charlotte, North Carolina:
AP. Retrieved March 27, 2014.
* ^ "Patrick D. Cannon, Mayor Pro Tem". Charlotte, North Carolina:
The City of Charlotte. Retrieved November 12, 2013.
* ^ Morrill, Jim; Harrison, Steve (September 8, 2013). "Cannon says
that his history of defying the odds has defined him". The Charlotte
Observer. Charlotte, North Carolina: McClatchy Publications. pp. 1A.
In fall 1993, former Charlotte Mayor Harvey Gantt asked his own
political mentor to take under wing a young politician long on promise
but short on experience. Democrat