PACITAN (Indonesian : Kabupaten Pacitan) is a regency located in the
* 1 Geography * 2 Administrative divisions * 3 Surfer beaches * 4 Notable people * 5 References
Watu Karung Beach, Pringkuku, Pacitan Klayar Beach, Donorojo, Pacitan
The area of Pacitan Regency is about 1,342.42 km². Most of it is mountainous and rocky, also having a few rocky canyons. That sort of geography covers about 88% of the regency, and this is because Pacitan is located in the Thousand Mountains . The highest mountain in Pacitan is Mount Lima in Kebonagung , and Mount Gembes in Bandar as the spring of Grindulu River .
Comparison of land types:
* Flat (0 - 5% slope) = 53.7 km² (4%) * Bumpy (6 - 10% slope) = 134.24 km² (10%) * Wavy (11 - 30% slope) = 322.18 km² (24%) * Hilly (31 - 50% slope) = 698.06 km² (52%) * Mountainous (more than 51% slope) = 134.24 km² (10%)
Generally, the land in Pacitan can be divided into two categories, calcium rich in the south, and fertile land in the north. The land consists of lithosal association, red mediterranean lithosal, tuf and volcanic compound, reddish lithosal complex, and grey alluvial, clay sediments containing many potential minerals. The minerals are feldspar , ball clay , bentonite , pyrophyllite , calcite , gypsum , phosphate rock , quartz , coal , dolomite , gemstone , tin ore , and manganite .
Pacitan Regency consists 130.87 km² of rice fields and 1,211.55 km² of dry land. According irrigation type the rice fields can be grouped into: technical irrigation rice field (16.06 km²), half technical irrigation rice field (11.88 km²), simple irrigation rice field (40.63 km²), and rain-dependent rice field (62.3 km²).
Pacitan Regency is divided into twelve districts (kecamatan):
* Pacitan * Kebonagung * Arjosari * Tulakan * Ngadirojo * Punung * Pringkuku * Donorojo * Nawangan * Tegalombo * Sudimoro * Bandar
Pacitan Regency has 17 beaches, in the west of Pacitan City: Banyu
Tibo, Buyutan, Karang Bolong, Srau, Klayar, and Watu Karung, near
Pacitan City: Pantai Teleng Ria, Tamperan Gung, Kali Uluh, and
Wawaran, in the east of Pacitan City: Pidakan, Soge, Tawang, Taman,
and Kunir. All beaches are near 70 kilometers of South Coast Road from
Wonogiri Regency to
Some of the beaches are recognized as great beaches for surfing. Although still relatively unknown among the international surfing world, a consistent stream of surfers from around the world enjoy its beaches. Among many beautiful beaches in Pacitan Regency, these four beaches are ideal for surfing:
* Teleng Ria Beach, ideal for beginners, suitable months are November to February * Pancer Beach, ideal for beginners, suitable months are May to October * Srau Beach, rocky beach, suitable months are November to February * Watu Karung Beach, rocky beach, suitable months are April to October * Klesem Beach, a shallow right hander breaking over reef, suitable months are April to October
Pacitan is also the birthplace of the former army general and the former and first directly elected President , Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono .
* ^ I Made Asdhiana. "Pantai Soge, Keindahan Pesisir Pacitan". Retrieved November 29, 2014. * ^ "Kiat Berselancar di Pacitan". May 8, 2012.
* v * t * e
Regencies and cities of
See also: List of regencies and cities of I