OSKAR VAN DEVENTER is a Dutch puzzle maker. He prototypes puzzles
He is the 2012 Guinness World Record holder for his 17x17x17 cube (which has since been beaten by a 22x22x22 cube ). His work combines mathematics, physics, and design, and he collaborates at academic institutions.
In addition to being a puzzle maker, Oskar is a research scientist in the area of media networking and holds a Ph.D. in optics. He has over 100 publications, over 50 patents applications, and hundreds of standardization contributions.
* 1 Mass produced puzzles * 2 References * 3 External links * 4 See also
MASS PRODUCED PUZZLES
* GEAR CUBE : previously named "Caution Cube" because there was a
big chance to pinch your fingers with the gears. It was mass-produced
by Meffert's, but overtime it appeared as several copies and shape
mods of the same design.
* GEAR CUBE EXTREME: a bandaged version of the Gear cube, where 4
gears are replaced for 4 standard edges, making the puzzle harder. It
was mass-produced by Meffert's, also was copied by other companies.
* GEAR SHIFT: It was mass-produced by Meffert's, also appeared a
Knock off version
* DAVID GEAR CUBE: previously called "Polo cube" in reference to
Alex Polonsky, who had the idea. It was mass-produced By Meffert's.
* GEAR MIXUP: a variant of the gear cube where all faces can perform
90º rotations making possible interchange centers with edges, being
called for that "mix up" It was mass-produced by Meffert's.
* GEAR 5X5: An unknown Chinese company mass-produced this puzzle
using a 3d printed sample, without the permission of Oskar, an
agreement was met to please both sides.
* GEAR BALL: A mass-produced spherical Gear cube made by Meffert's.
* MOSSAIC CUBE: previously called "Fadi cube", It is a corner
turning puzzle with two cut depths similar to Okamoto and Greg
"lattice cube". It was mass-produced by Meffert's.
* PLANETS PUZZLE Four balls in a frame. Craters on the balls block
and unblock movement on the adjacent balls
* ROB\'S PYRAMINX: It was mass-produced by Meffert's.
* ROB\'S OCTAHEDRON: It was mass-produced by Meffert's.
* MIXUP CUBE: a 3x3
* ^ http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2010/05/3-d-printer-oskar-van-deventer.html * ^ https://www.wired.com/2011/02/oskar-van-deventers-twisty-puzzle-will-take-you-over-the-top/ * ^ https://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2377545,00.asp * ^ http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2011-01/3-d-printed-17-17-17-rubiks-cube-worlds-largest * ^ Karlin, Susan (16 Apr 2014). "Thinking Outside The Cube". theinstitute.ieee.org. Retrieved 12 Jan 2015. * ^ corenpuzzle (2016-01-14), 22x22 rubik\'s cube World Record, retrieved 2016-07-16 * ^ "Putting the Pieces Together". http://www.dartmouth.edu/. Mar 2008. Retrieved 12 Jan 2015. External link in website= (help ) * ^ "Oskar van Deventer". oskarvandeventer.nl. Retrieved 2016-04-19.