An officer of ONE-STAR RANK is a senior commander in many of the armed services holding a rank described by the NATO code of OF-6. The term is also used by some armed forces which are not NATO members. Typically, one-star officers hold the rank of commodore , flotilla admiral , brigadier general , brigadier , or in the case of those air forces with a separate rank structure, air commodore .
Officers of one-star rank are either the most junior of the flag , general and air officer ranks, or are not considered to hold the distinction at all. Specifically, in many navies, one-star officers are not considered to be flag officers, although this is not always the case. The army and air force rank of brigadier general is, by definition, a general officer rank. However, the equivalent rank of brigadier is usually not designated as a general officer. The air force rank of air commodore is always considered to be an air-officer rank.
* 1 Australian one-star ranks * 2 Canadian one–maple-leaf ranks * 3 German one-star ranks * 4 Indian one-star ranks * 5 Pakistani one-star ranks * 6 Philippine one-star ranks * 7 United Kingdom one-star ranks * 8 United States one-star ranks * 9 Other naval one-star ranks * 10 See also * 11 References
AUSTRALIAN ONE-STAR RANKS
RAN commodore Army brigadier RAAF air commodore
In the Australian Defence Force the following ranks of commissioned officers are awarded one-star ranks:
CANADIAN ONE–MAPLE-LEAF RANKS
The maple leaf appears with St. Edward's crown and crossed sabre and baton.
Before unification in 1968, the rank of air commodore was the one-star rank equivalent for the Royal Canadian Air Force, and brigadier for the Canadian Army.
GERMAN ONE-STAR RANKS
Army and Air Force:
* _Brigadegeneral_ (brigadier general) * _ Generalarzt _ ("surgeon general") * _Generalapotheker_ ("pharmacist general")
* _ Flottillenadmiral _ ("flotilla admiral ") * _Admiralarzt_ ("surgeon admiral") * _Admiralapotheker_ ("pharmacist admiral")
INDIAN ONE-STAR RANKS
This car has one star (on the blue box), indicating that it belongs to a one-star ranking Indian police officer.
Air commodore (
Indian Air Force one-star rank)
PAKISTANI ONE-STAR RANKS
Pakistani air commodore 's rank insignia.
* Deputy inspector general of police ( Pakistan Police one-star rank) * Air commodore ( Pakistan Air Force one-star rank) * Brigadier ( Pakistan Army one-star rank) * Commodore ( Pakistan Navy one-star rank)
PHILIPPINE ONE-STAR RANKS
* Brigadier General ( Philippine Army one-star rank) * Brigadier General ( Philippine Air Force one-star rank) * Commodore ( Philippine Coast Guard one-star rank) * Commodore ( Philippine Navy one-star rank) * Police Chief Superintendent ( Philippine National Police one-star rank) * Fire Chief Superintendent ( Bureau of Fire Protection one-star rank) * Jail Chief Superintendent (Bureau of Jail Management and Penology one-star rank)
UNITED KINGDOM ONE-STAR RANKS
UNITED STATES ONE-STAR RANKS
A Brigadier General of U.S., having one star on his collar
* Rear admiral (lower half) ( United States Navy , Coast Guard , Public Health Service Commissioned Corps and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps one-star rank) * Brigadier general ( United States Army , Marines and Air Force one-star rank)
OTHER NAVAL ONE-STAR RANKS
In the modern naval services of Belgium, Denmark, Finland and Sweden, the one-star rank is flotilla admiral .
* ^ British Army - Ranks * ^ RAF Glossary
STAR OFFICER GRADES
BY STAR RANKS