NEWSRU is a Russian online news sites. Originally it functioned as
NTV 's website under the address ntv.ru. The site remains part of
Vladimir Gusinsky 's media holding that includes a satellite TV
Yelena Bereznitskaya-Bruni replaced the initial Editor in Chief Igor
Barchugov in 2001. The network has a head office in Moscow,
two foreign posts. The network set up editorial offices in Israel and
* 1 History
* 2 Projects
* 3 References
* 4 External links
The change of ownership at NTV was followed by a redesign of the news
site which remained with the former NTV owner
Vladimir Gusinsky .
In April 2001 the TV channel became part of OAO
Gazprom Media .
In October 2002 the news site moved to another domain name,
NEWSru.com and the original domain ntv.ru has been transferred to
the broadcasting company under the mutual arrangement.
Besides the basic site, the
NEWSru service owns a number of special
interest news sites.
Among defunct projects is 2004.newsru.com, devoted in due time to
Russian presidential election, 2004
Russian presidential election, 2004 .
* ^ "Newsru.com Site Info".
Alexa Internet . Retrieved 2014-04-01.
* ^ Yulikova, Maria (February 2008). "My Media". Index on
Censorship . 37 (1): 179–182. doi :10.1080/03064220701882772 .
Archived from the original on 2009-09-01.
* ^ "NTV.ru server revealed" (in Russian). Netoscope. 2000-08-28.
Archived from the original on 2007-09-28.
* ^ Khaitina, Natalia (2000-08-28). "NTV.ru site opened before the
target date" (in Russian). Netoscope. Archived from the original on
* ^ Khaitina, Natalia (2001-04-16). "NTV and NTV.ru — two big
differences" (in Russian). Netoscope. Archived from the original on
* ^ Khaitina, Natalia (2001-04-19). "NTV.ru left Ostankino" (in
Russian). Netoscope. Archived from the original on 2007-09-28.
* ^ Goncharov, Konstantin (2002-10-18). "NTVRU.com changes the
name" (in Russian). Compulenta.
* ^ "Update your "Favourites". The new name of our site is
NEWSru.com" (in Russian). NEWSru.com. 2002-10-23.
* ^ "Presidential elections 2004 - Media". BalticData.info.