The National Assembly Budget Office (NABO) supports the Korean National Assembly by analyzing and evaluating issues related to the national budget, fund and fiscal operations.
- Establishment of the National Assembly Budget Office
- Initiation of government performance management evaluation program
- Acquisition of access to national tax statistics
- Publication of "Long-term Fiscal Projection 2012-2060"
- Initiation of Special Taxation Evaluation Program
- Initiation of the exclusive mandate to produce cost estimates of bills
- Inauguration of the Seventh (current) Chief, Dr. Chunsoon Kim
- Revision of Organization Rule (3 Offices, 1 Bureau, 2 Deputy Director Generals, 3 Directors, 17 Divisions and total of 138 staffs)
The mission on the NABO is To support legislative activities through analysis and evaluation of national finances and policies.
The Speaker of the National Assembly appoints the Chief with the consent of the Steering Committee after examining recommendations from the NABO Chief Recommendation Commission. There is no specified term of service for the Chief. Chunsoon Kim is the current Chief of the National Assembly Budget Office.
The NABO is divided into the Planning and Management Office, the Budget Analysis Office, the Estimates and Tax Analysis Office, and the Economic Analysis Bureau.
Planning and Management Office
- General Affairs Division
- Policy Coordination Division
- Planning & Budget Division
Budget Analysis Office
- Budget Analysis Coordination Division
- Industrial Budget Analysis Division
- Social Budget Analysis Division
- Administrative Budget Analysis Division
- Economic Industrial Program Evaluation Division
- Social Administrative Program Evaluation Division
- Public Institution Evaluation Division
Estimates and Tax Analysis Office
- Estimates and Tax Coordination Division
- Economic Cost Estimates Division
- Social Cost Estimates Division
- Administrative Cost Estimates Division
- Income & Corporate Tax Analysis Division
- Property & Consumption Tax Analysis Division
Economic Analysis Bureau
- The Economic Analysis Coordination Division
- Macro-Economic Analysis Division
- Industry & Employment Analysis Division
- Population & Strategy Analysis Division
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (February 2013)