Mustansir Barma is an Indian Scientist specializing in Statistical Physics. He was former Director of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research.
Awards and honours
- Young Scientist Award of the Indian National Science Academy (1980).
- Associate of the Indian Academy of Sciences (1983 – 86).
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Prize for the Physical Sciences awarded by the CSIR (1995).
- Honorary faculty member, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore (1998 – 2001).
- DAE Raja Ramanna Prize Lecture in Physics (2004).
- S.N. Bose Birth Centenary Award of the Indian Science Congress (2007).
- J.C. Bose Fellowship of the Department of Science and Technology (2007).
- Seventh Abdus Salam Memorial Lecture, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (2009).
- R.S. Goyal Prize for Physics (2006), awarded in 2010.
- Padma Shri Award (2013)