MAHAMMED BOUN ABDALLAH DIONNE (born 22 September 1959) is a
Senegalese politician who has served as the Prime Minister of Senegal
since 6 July 2014. He is the third prime minister appointed by
Dionne was born on September 22, 1959, in Gossas. When his mother gave birth to him, she took refuge in a locality where her grandmother lived. His father worked as a police commissioner.
Dionne worked as an engineer specializing in applied economics, and
worked in a West African bank and as head of the Economic Office at
Senegalese Embassy in France. He was Director of the Cabinet of
He headed the national candidate list of Benno Bokk Yaakaar, the coalition supporting President Sall, in the July 2017 parliamentary election . Following the victory of Benno Bokk Yaakaar, President Sall reappointed Dionne as Prime Minister on 6 September 2017.
* ^ A B Ba, Diadie; Bate Felix (Jul 6, 2014). "Technocrat Mohammed
Dionne named Senegal\'s prime minister: state tv". Reuters. Retrieved
11 August 2014.
* ^ "Presidential aide named Senegal\'s new PM". Al Jazeera. 10 Jul
2014. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
* ^ "De son enfance à sa nomination comme Pm : La face cachée de
Mohammad Dionne" (in French). Dakar Actu. 10 November 2014.
* ^ "Mohamed Dionne, l\'homme de confiance du Président Macky
Sall" (in French). VIP Peoples.net. 7 July 2014.
* ^ Benjamin Roger, "Sénégal : Mahammed Dionne, le parcours
sans-faute de l’homme du président", Jeune Afrique, 13 September
2017 (in French).
* ^ "Législatives : Les listes de Benno Bokk Yaakaar", Seneweb, 10
June 2017 (in French).
* ^ "Sénégal :
* v * t * e
Prime Ministers of
* Dia * abolished, 1962-70 * Diouf * Thiam * Niasse * * abolished, 1983-91 * Thiam * Loum * Niasse * Boye * Seck * Sall * Soumaré * Ndiaye * Mbaye * Touré * Dionne
* * acting