Miaoli (Chinese: 苗栗車站; pinyin: Miáolì Chēzhàn) is a railway station on the Taiwan Railways Administration West Coast line (Taichung line). It is located in Miaoli City, Miaoli County, Taiwan.
The station has one side platform and one island platform. It also has a tourist information center. Miaoli Station is an important station on the Taichung line and has facilities for freight/cargo services.
- 25 May 1903: The first station, a wooden station, opened for service as Byōritsu-eki (苗栗驛).
- 1930: The station is reconstructed as a brick building.
- 21 April 1935: After the 1935 Shinchiku-Taichū earthquake, the station was rebuilt.
- 24 April 1935: The station train depot is reconstructed.
- 1943: The station was destroyed by bombing during the Pacific War.
- August 1955: Due to increased traffic at the station, platform 1 was reconstructed, the elevated walkway was demolished, and a new underground tunnel was constructed.
- November 1975: The third-generation station was reconstructed using reinforced concrete as a two-story station.
- 1978: The second story and the station entrance are reconstructed to include a clock.
- 1997: Due to the construction for double-tracking of the Mountain line, the station is once again reconstructed including the entrance, the platforms, and expansion of the station.
- 11 October 1998: After the completion of the double-tracking project, the station becomes a stop.
- 10 June 1999: The TRA Railroad Museum opens for service.
- 1 November 2006: The Fu-an Underground Passage opens for use.
- 25 June 2008: The Taroko Express begins servicing the station.
- 16 June 2009: The station becomes an origin point for the Tzu-Chiang Limited Express.
- 29 October 2010: The construction for a cross-platform station design begins.
- 22 December 2010: As part of the 100th anniversary celebrations of the Republic of China, the TRA begins running a Miaoli to Hualien service (via the South-link line).
||■ West Coast line (southbound)
||Toward Taichung, Chiayi, Kaohsiung, Pingtung
||■ Transfer line
||■ West Coast line (northbound)
||Toward Taoyuan, Taipei, Qidu, Keelung
|■ Eastern line (Cross-line southbound)
||Toward Yilan, Suao, Hualien, Taitung
||■ West Coast line (southbound, originating)
||Toward Kaohsiung, Pingtung, Taitung, Hualien
|■ West Coast line - Coastal line, (northbound, originating via the Chengzhui line)
||Toward Yuanli, Taipei, Hualien, Taitung
|■ West Coast line (northbound, originating)
||Toward Keelung, Suao, Hualien, Taitung
|■ West Coast line (southbound, originating)
||Toward Changhua, Douliu, Chiayi, Kaohsiung
||■ West Coast line (Freight)
|Toward Taitung, Taoyuan, Taipei, Keelung
|■ West Coast line (Freight)
|Toward Yilan, Suao, Hualien, Kaohsiung
Around the station
Coordinates: 24°34′11.64″N 120°49′20.80″E / 24.5699000°N 120.8224444°E