MELVIN "MEL" DAMSKI (born July 21, 1946 in
New York, New York
* 1 Life and career * 2 Selected filmography * 3 References * 4 External links
LIFE AND CAREER
Mel Damski (born in New York, New York) is an American film director and film producer. Damski has Northern European Jewish heritage, one of four children of German refugee parents. Damski grew up in Roslyn, Long Island, New York and attended Colgate University on a football scholarship. He was a reporter for Long Island Newsday before moving to Los Angeles to attend The American Film Institute in 1972.
Currently Damski is the Producing-Director of "Psych". In addition to his long directing career, including 29 movies and scores of episodes, he has taught film and television at NYU, USC and AFI. He is also President of Lyrique Wine Company, a small family owned winery.
In 1998, Damski, along with Andrea Blaugrund, was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Documentary Short Subject for the film Still Kicking: The Fabulous Palm Springs Follies.
In 1981, Damski was nominated for an Emmy Award for outstanding directing in a drama series for the film American Dream.
In 1979, Damski was nominated for an Emmy Award for outstanding directing in a drama series for the television series Lou Grant (1977) for the episode 'Murder'.
Damski's column "If I Ran The Zoo" runs every Wednesday in the La Conner Weekly News and a week later on his blog http://ifmelranthezoo.com
* Long Journey Back (1978) (TV)
* Encyclopedia of Television Film Directors: Volume 1 - Page 112 * New York Times Movies ;background:none transparent;border:none;-moz-box-shadow:none;-webkit-box-shadow:none;box-shadow:none;">v
* t * e
Films directed by Mel Damski
* Word of Honor (1981) * Yellowbeard (1983) * Attack on Fear (1984) * Mischief (1985) * A Winner Never Quits (1986) * Happy Together (1989) * Everybody\'s Baby: The Rescue of Jessica McClure (1989) * Wife, Mother, Murderer (1991) * Back to the Streets of San Francisco (1992) * Still Kicking: The Fabulous Palm Springs Follies (1997) * Legendary (2010)
* WorldCat Identities * VIAF : 106914624 * LCCN : no2010013105