Marco Ferreri (11 May 1928 – 9 May 1997) was an Italian film director, screenwriter and actor, who began his career in the 1950s directing three films in Spain, followed by 24 Italian films before his death in 1997.
|This section needs expansion
. You can help by adding to it. (January 2016)
He was born in Milan. His best known film is La Grande Bouffe from 1973, starring Marcello Mastroianni, Michel Piccoli, Philippe Noiret and Ugo Tognazzi. He was an atheist.
He died in Paris of a heart attack. Upon his death, Gilles Jacob, artistic director of the Cannes International Film Festival, said: "The Italian cinema has lost one of its most original artists, one of its most personal authors (...) No one was more demanding nor more allegorical than he in showing the state of crisis of contemporary man."
His 1979 film Chiedo asilo won him the Silver Bear - Special Jury Prize at the 30th Berlin International Film Festival. In 1991, his film La casa del sorriso won the Golden Bear at the 41st Berlin International Film Festival. Two years later, his film Diario di un vizio was nominated for the Golden Bear at the 43rd Berlin International Film Festival.
- El pisito (1958)
- Los chicos (1958)
- El cochecito (1960)
- The Conjugal Bed (Una storia moderna: l’ape regina) (1963)
- La Donna scimmia (The Ape Woman) (1964)
- L'uomo dei cinque palloni (1965)
- L'Harem (1967)
- Il seme dell'uomo (1969)
- Dillinger Is Dead (Dillinger è morto, 1969)
- L'udienza (1971)
- Liza (Italian dubbed version title La cagna, 1971)
- Touche pas à la femme blanche (Italian dubbed version title Non toccare la donna bianca, released in English as Don't Touch The White Woman! 1973)
- La Grande Bouffe (Italian dubbed version title La Grande abbuffata, 1973)
- La Dernière femme (Italian dubbed version title L'ultima donna, 1976)
- Bye Bye Monkey (Italian dubbed version title Ciao maschio, 1978)
- Chiedo asilo (U.S. title "Seeking Asylum", 1980)
- Tales of Ordinary Madness (Italian dubbed version title Storie di ordinaria follia, 1981)
- Storia di Piera (1983)
- Il futuro è donna (1984)
- I Love You (1985)
- Ya bon les blancs (Italian dubbed version title Come sono buoni i bianchi, 1987)
- La Carne (also screenwriter) (1991)
- La banquette (Italian title: Il banchetto di Platone, 1991)
- La casa del sorriso (1991)
- Diario di un vizio (1993)
- Faictz ce que vouldras (1994)
- Nitrato d'argento (1996)