MAPUTALAND is a natural region of
Now the name of this traditional region is being revived for the Maputaland-Pondoland bushland and thickets , one of the ecoregions of South Africa, as well as for the Maputaland-Pondoland-Albany Hotspot .
* 1 Geography * 2 Tongaland * 3 See also * 4 References * 5 Bibliography * 6 External links
The South African section of
'Tongaland', the name of the traditional region of the Tsonga, has now largely fallen into disuse. It is still occasionally found in scientific works though, as well as in the naming of species, such as the Tongaland cannibal snail (Natalina wesseliana).
* ^ A survey of tropical southeastern Africa in the context of
coastal zone management
* ^ Ecoregions of South Africa
* ^ Contributions to the ecology of Maputaland, Southern Africa
* ^ Turtle Beaches and Coral Reefs of Tongaland Archived 2006-10-07
* Elephant Coast Visitor Guide, (2007/8). * Pooley, E. (1993). The Complete Field Guide to Trees of Natal, Zululand and Transkei. ISBN 0-620-17697-0