The Macedonian community of Brazil refers to the group of ethnic Macedonians living in Brazil or their descendants.
An estimated 45,000 people in Brazil are of Macedonian ancestry. The Macedonians can be primarily found in Porto Alegre, Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paulo and Curitiba.
By 1947 Macedonian Migrants in all corners of the world had commenced an appeal to raise funds in an effort to assist the Macedonians in Macedonia to build hospitals and medical centres. This was coined the "Hospital Appeal". Brazilians of Macedonian descent helped to raise money for the hospitals. A total of $154,000 was raised by Macedonian migrants all over the world.
The following inscription appears on a plaque at the hospital in Skopje a tribute to the Macedonian Diaspora.
- "The Buildings and equipping of this clinic block was possible due to the help of the Migrants of Macedonian origin settled in the USA, Canada, South America and Australia.
- In the foundations of this building are laid the love of Macedonian migrants for their free homeland and our deep thankyous"
Notable Macedonians from Brazil
- Paola Blanton - famous dance artist and movement coach, currently based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. She originated from the small Macedonian town Berovo.
- ^ Nasevski, Boško; Angelova, Dora; Gerovska, Dragica (1995). Македонски Иселенички Алманах '95. Skopje: Матица на Иселениците на Македонија. pp. 52 & 53.
- ^ Peter, Hill. (1989) The Macedonians in Australia, Hesperian Press, Carlisle. Chapter 5; Getting Together, The Macedonian Australian People's League
- ^ "Paola Blanton Bellydancer". Jersey City List. 2004-11-07. Retrieved 29 August 2011.
- ^ "An International Belly Dancer Goes Home to Macedonia". Gilded Serpent. 2007-08-23. Retrieved 29 August 2011.