MAMA & COMPANY is a live music and lifestyle entertainment company which was founded in 2005 and owns and operates a number of live music venues and festivals in the United Kingdom.
The company's portfolio includes six
In addition, MAMA operates festivals and events which include Lovebox (London), Wilderness (Oxfordshire), The Great Escape (Brighton), Somersault (North Devon), GlobalGathering (Stratford-upon-Avon), Godskitchen and Future Gods events.
On 11 June 2007, the company purchased the Hammersmith Apollo and The Forum . The same year, MAMA Group acquired Mean Fiddler Holdings Limited the company which owned The Jazz Café, The Garage, The Borderline and held a majority share in G-A-Y.
On 6 March 2008, the group acquired The Picture House, Edinburgh from
Luminar Liquid Limited, a subsidiary of
Luminar Group Holdings plc.
On 1 April 2008 MAMA acquired The Institute, Birmingham and on 13 June
2008, they acquired a majority share in
On 22 September 2008, MAMA Group acquired Heaven (London) Limited, the company which owns the leasehold of the Heaven Nightclub.
On 15 January 2009,
HMV sold the
Hammersmith Apollo to
* ^ A B "About Us". MAMA & Company. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
* ^ "MAMA acquires 100% of Lovebox". Music Week. Retrieved 4 April
* ^ "Announcements: MAMA Group Plc announces purchase of the
Hammersmith Apollo". MAMA Group PLC. Retrieved 21 January 2009.
* ^ "Mama Group acquire the Forum". Music Week. Retrieved 4 April
* ^ Bowers, Simon (14 August 2007). "The Mean Fiddler comes to
Mama". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
* ^ "Announcements: MAMA Group announce acquisition of Edinburgh
venue". MAMA Group PLC. Retrieved 21 January 2009.
* ^ "Announcements: MAMA Group announce completion of acquisition
of Angel Music Group Limited". MAMA Group PLC. Retrieved 21 January
* ^ "Announcements: Mama Group announce Acquisition of Heaven
(London) Limited". MAMA Group PLC. Retrieved 21 January 2009.
* ^ Leroux, Marcus (15 January 2008). "