M6 (pronounced ), also known as METROPOLE TELEVISION, is the most
profitable private national French television channel and the third
most watched television network in the French-speaking world. M6 is
the head channel of the
M6 Group media empire that owns several TV
channels, magazines, publications, movie production and media-related
firms etc. It is owned by
RTL Group .
Other TV channels in the M6 portfolio include digital terrestrial
channels W9 ,
6ter , and digital cable channels Téva , Paris
TF6 , Série Club ,
M6 Music ,
M6 Music Black , M6 Music
Girondins TV and M6 Boutique Elementary ; Criminal Minds:
Beyond Borders (Esprits criminels : Unité sans frontières) ; Hawaii
Five-0 (Hawaii 5-0) ;
When Calls the Heart
When Calls the Heart (Le coeur a ses raisons) ;
Modern Family ;
How to Get Away with Murder (Murder) ; NCIS: New
Orleans (NCIS: Nouvelle Orléans) ;
New Girl ; Quantico ; Reign (Reign
: Le Destin d'une reine) ; Rosewood ; Scorpion ; Good Witch (Un
soupçon de magie) ; Once Upon A Time ;
NCIS (NCIS: enquêtes
spéciales) ; NCIS: Los Angeles ;
Prison Break ; Bones ; Supernatural
and Secrets and Lies (Secrets and Lies : l'affaire Tom Murphy) ; The
X-Files (X-Files, aux frontières du réel) ; 24: Legacy ; Bull ; Code
Black ; MacGyver
* These American TV Shows were previously shown on M6: Smallville
The Unit (
The Unit : commando d'élite) ;
Stargate Atlantis ;
Nip/Tuck ; Californication ;
Kyle XY ;
Everybody Hates Chris (Tout le
monde déteste Chris) ;Terra Nova ;
Desperate Housewives ;Lie to Me
;Medium (Médium) ;
My Name Is Earl
My Name Is Earl (Earl) ;
Charmed ; The
4400 (Les 4 400) ; Jericho ; The Dead Zone (Dead Zone) ; Stargate SG-1
Malcolm in the Middle (Malcolm) ;
Friends ; Alias ; Sex and the City
Veronica Mars ; Buffy the Vampire Slayer (Buffy contre les vampires)
Ally McBeal ; Roswell ; Profiler ; The Pretender (Le Caméléon) ;
The Sentinel ;
Sliders (Sliders, les mondes parallèles) ; Hope 8
Simple Rules (Touche pas à mes filles) ;
My Wife and Kids
My Wife and Kids (Ma famille
d'abord) ; Still Standing (Une famille presque parfaite) ; Early
Edition (Demain à la Une) ; Wildfire ;
Once and Again
Once and Again (Deuxième
Relic Hunter (Sydney Fox, l'aventurière) ; Medical
Investigation (NIH : alertes médicales) ;
Tru Calling (
Tru Calling :
compte à rebours) ; Commander in Chief ;
1-800-Missing (Missing :
disparus sans laisser de trace) ;
Dark Skies (
Dark Skies :
l'impossible vérité) ; The Inside (The Inside : dans la tête des
tueurs) ; Killer Instinct ;
Vanished ; John Doe ; LAX ;
Jake 2.0 ;
Blind Justice ; Threshold (Threshold : premier contact) ;Summerland ;
Beautiful People ; Young Americans ;
Special Unit 2
Special Unit 2 ; The Evidence
(The Evidence : les preuves du crime) ; South Beach ; L.A. Heat (Los
Angeles Heat) ;
Married... with Children
Married... with Children (Mariés, deux enfants) ; The
Cosby Show (Cosby Show) ; Who\'s the Boss? (Madame est servie) ; The
Nanny (Une nounou d'enfer) ; Little House on the Prairie (La Petite
Maison dans la prairie);
The Simpsons (Les Simpson) ;
sorcière bien-aimée) ;
The Wonder Years (Les annees coup de coeur)
Family Affair (Cher Oncle Bill) .
* AMERICAN PROGRAMS:
High School Musical ;
Camp Rock ; America\'s
Got Talent (with its own version :
La France a un incroyable talent ),
American Idol (La Nouvelle Star),
KaBlam! (KarToon (M6 version))
* BRITISH TV SHOWS: Primeval ;
Secret Diary of a Call Girl (Journal
intime d'une call girl).
* BRITISH TV PROGRAMS: Britain\'s Got Talent (with its own version :
La France a un incroyable talent ),
Pop Idol (with its own version :
Nouvelle Star ), The X-Factor (with its own version), Wife Swap
* These British TV shows were previously shown on M6:Footballers\'
Wives (Femme$ de footballeurs) ;Queer as Folk ;
Totally Frank ; Bugs ;
and Hex (Hex : la malédiction).
* These Canadian TV shows were shown on M6: Sue Thomas: F.B.Eye (Sue
Thomas, l'œil du FBI) and
Falcon Beach .
* Investigative journalism shows, such as Capital, Zone interdite
and Enquête Exclusive.
* Long-lasting short programs, such as Turbo, CinéSix, and E=M6, as
well as numerous music videos.
In 2001, M6 became the first national French television network to
broadcast reality programming. Its first program of this genre was
Loft Story , and was highly watched. The president of
TF1 at the time,
Étienne Mougeotte, promised that
TF1 would never air any reality
programming. However, several months later,
TF1 signed a contract with
Endemol to air such programming.
Endemol is the same company that
created Loft Story for M6.
M6 is one of the only television services in
France to have
science-fiction programming as part of its regular schedule. Most
supernatural dramas were shown on Saturday nights in what M6 called
"la Trilogie du Samedi" (The Saturday Trilogy)
* JANUARY 28, 1986–FEBRUARY 28, 1986 (PRE-LAUNCH): Before the
launch on March 1, 1986, M6 was first known as RTL6 with this
pre-launch logo, which first appeared in a pre-launch poster detailing
the launch of an upcoming called TV6 France. The logo consists of a
purple rectangle bearing the "RTL" wordmark at the top and the "6"
numeral at the bottom.
* MARCH 1, 1986–FEBRUARY 28, 1987: M6 was launched on March 1,
1986 as TV6 France. Its first logo consists of the "TV6" wordmark
which is made up of shapes, by having the "T" being coloured dark blue
and are made by two teal rectangles and two red squares, the "V" is
made by a red triangle, an italic purple rectangle and a yellow short
italic rectangle, and the "6" is made by a red ball, an pink cursive
line, and a short teal cursive line. This logo was short-lived.
* MARCH 1, 1987–MAY 31, 1987: On March 1, 1987, TV6
replaced by M6. Its first logo consisted of the letter "M" made up of
metal being coloured in teal with the "6" numeral which is coloured
red, it appears to the right of the letter "M". At the same time, a
line appears in the center of the logo and the "Metropole Television"
wordmark appears at the bottom of the logo.
* JUNE 1, 1987–AUGUST 31, 1987: On June 1, 1987, M6 redesigned its
logo which was slightly modified; the letter "M" was recoloured
turquoise instead of teal. At the same time, the line grows a little
bigger and the "6" numeral gets coloured more red as it drops the
classic handwritten style and are instead using the "Future" typeface.
However, the "Metropole Television" wordmark are removed from the
* SEPTEMBER 1, 1987–AUGUST 31, 1999: On September 1, 1987, M6
abandoned the black backgroubd and removed the line away from the logo
as the letter "M" removes its metal elements and turns into an
abstract letter "M" by changing its color into grey. At the same time,
the "6" numeral gets moved from the right of the top of the letter "M"
to the top.
* SEPTEMBER 1, 1999–FEBRUARY 13, 2003: On September 1, 1999, the
letter "M" changed its color from grey to black but the numeral's red
color was retained. At the same time, the channel launched a new
identity, with a new set of idents.
* FEBRUARY 14, 2003–MARCH 5, 2007: On February 14, 2003, M6 remade
its logo which began to appear in various colours. This time, we see
the logo in 3D.
* MARCH 6, 2007–NOVEMBER 29, 2009: On March 6, 2007, M6 renewed
its logo again by making it become more gradient and getting more 3D
effect. This logo was introduced to celebrate M6's 20th anniversary.
Meanwhile, its rival STS are still using its 2005 logo until September
* NOVEMBER 30, 2009–NOVEMBER 15, 2015: On November 30, 2009, M6
launched a new logo. The letter "M" was coloured white while the "6"
numeral's red color was retained. By October 18, 2010, a new set of
idents were launched onto the screen.
* NOVEMBER 16, 2015–PRESENT: On November 16, 2015, to commemorate
the victims of the Paris attacks, M6 adopted its current logo that
consists of the 2009 logo, shown in 3D and made in CGI.
PROGRAMS AS OF 2016
* Le 12:45 (national edition) and 19:45 (national edition),
afternoon and evening news.
* Zone Interdite , France's most influential Newsmagazine
* 66 Minutes weekly news magazine.
* Capital, Economy-oriented newsmagazine.
* Enquête Exclusive, Investigation magazine.
SHOW AND REALITY SHOW
* Les reines du shopping
* X Factor
* Nouvelle star, (French adaptation of
Pop Idol ) reality television
(until 2011, then it moved on D8 )
* L'amour est dans le pré, French adaptation of Farmer Wants a Wife
* D font-style: normal;"> (fr) (French creation)
* FBI : Duo très spécial
* Hawaii 5-0
* Journal intime d\'une call girl
Kaamelott (french creation)
* L\'Homme de la situation (fr) (French creation)
* La Méthode Claire (fr) (French creation)
* Le Transporteur (French-Canadian creation)
Lie to Me
Lie to Me
* Ma famille d\'abord
* Ma femme, ma fille, deux bébés (fr) (French creation)
NCIS : Enquêtes spéciales
NCIS Los Angeles
* Once Upon a Time
Scènes de ménages (French creation)
* Soda (French creation)
Sons of Anarchy
* Terra Nova
* The Finder
* The Glades
The Good Wife
* un gars une fille
* Un, dos, tres
* Under the Dome
* Victoire Bonnot (fr) (French creation)
* Wes et Travis
* J'ai décidé d'être heureux, coaching magazine
* Top Chef : masters
* Les Nannys, coaching magazine
* Le transporteur, french serie (new season)
* Cynical Cops !, new french serie
* Super Nanny
* Culture Pub, a TV advertisements analysing show
* Graines de star, a talents contests show
* Loft Story (French adaptation of Big Brother), M6 and the first
French reality show
* Les colocataires (Roommates)a show similar to Loft Story .
* Les Bleus (2006-2010) Police series about five rookies learning
* Morning Live, Morning show
Caméra Café , Comedy
Nouvelle Star (French adaptation of American Idol)
* Êtes-vous plus fort qu\'un élève de 10 ans ?, French adaptation
Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
Rubí rebelde , Venezuelan telenovela
* Total Wipeout (French adaptation of Wipeout )
Stargate SG-1 The series has been fully aired between 18 September
1998 and 8 December 2007.
Stargate Atlantis The first two seasons aired between 15 April
2005 and 29 July 2006.
THIS SECTION IS EMPTY. You can help by adding to it . (July 2013)
List of television stations in France
1 Source: Médiamétrie
* ^ Financial results of M6 2010
* ^ Financial rentability 2010
* ^ M6 has always been ranked after
TF1 and before (by some
measure) or after (by others)
* ^ the
M6 Group : a French media empire
* ^ Zone interdite, one of France\'s most influential TV show
* ^ "M6 a acheté Sous le dôme".
AlloCiné . Retrieved 10 July
* Official website (in French)
* M6 Replay