Luc-Marie Chatel () is a French politician
born on August 15, 1964 in Bethesda, Maryland
, USA. He was Minister of National Education
from June 2009 to May 2012,
overseeing a difficult transition in the conditions under which new secondary teachers begin their careers. This change of policy was inherited from the previous minister Xavier Darcos
He was the Secretary of State (junior minister) for Consumer Affairs and Tourism from June 2007 to March 2008, and Government's Spokesman
from June 2009 until November 2010.
* Minister of National Education, Youth and Voluntary : 2010–2012.
* Minister of National Education, government's spokesman : 2009–2010.
* Secretary of State for Industry and Consumer Affairs, government's spokesman : 2008–2009.
* Secretary of State for Consumer Affairs and Tourism : 2007–2008.
''National Assembly of France''
* Member of the National Assembly of France
(1st constituency) : 2002-2007 (Became Secretary of State in 2007) / 2012–2017. Elected in 2002, reelected in 2007, 2012.
* Vice-president of the Regional Council of Champagne-Ardenne
* Regional councillor of Champagne-Ardenne
: 1998–2010. Reelected in 2004.
* Mayor of Chaumont, Haute-Marne
: 2008-2013 (Resignation).
* Municipal councillor of Chaumont, Haute-Marne
: 1996-2002 (Resignation). 2008–2014. Reelected in 2001, 2008.
* Municipal councillor of Bayard-sur-Marne
''Community of Communes Council''
* President of the Communes Community of the Pays chaumontais : 200–2014.
* Member of the Communes Community of the Pays chaumontais : 2008–2014.
* Spokesman of the Union for a Popular Movement
Official biography at the Government of France
Category:People from Montgomery County, Maryland
Category:Liberal Democracy (France) politicians
Category:The Republicans (France) politicians
Category:Modern and Humanist France
Category:French Ministers of National Education
Category:Secretaries of State of France
Category:Government spokespersons of France
Category:Mayors of places in Grand Est
Category:Deputies of the 13th National Assembly of the French Fifth Republic
Category:Deputies of the 14th National Assembly of the French Fifth Republic
Category:Commandeurs of the Ordre des Palmes Académiques
Category:Chevaliers of the Légion d'honneur
Category:Grand Crosses 1st class of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany