This is a list of notable ramen dishes. Ramen
is a Japanese
dish that consists of Chinese-style wheat noodles
served in a meat or (occasionally) fish-based broth
, often flavored with soy sauce
. Ramen dishes often include toppings such as , , fermented bamboo shoots
''), and . Nearly every region in Japan has its own variation of ramen. Ramen shops
'') are restaurants that specialize in ramen dishes.
– a ramen dish that is a regional cuisine
, Japan, different versions exist in Japan, Korea and China. Champon is made by frying pork, seafood and vegetables with lard; a soup made with chicken and pig bones is then added. Ramen noodles made especially for champon are added and then boiled. Unlike other ramen dishes, only one pan is needed as the noodles are boiled in the soup.
* Hakata ramen
– first derived from the Hakata
region, it has a rich, milky, pork-bone ''tonkotsu'' broth and rather thin, non-curly and resilient noodles
ramen – many cities in Hokkaido have their own versions of ramen, and Sapporo
ramen is known throughout Japan.
* Hiyashi chūka
– a Japanese dish consisting of chilled ramen noodles with various toppings served in the summer
* Kagoshima ramen
– a ramen dish offered in the Kagoshima Prefecture
in southern Japan, it is mainly based on ''tonkotsu'' (pork bone broth
). It is a little cloudy, and chicken stock, vegetables, dried sardine
and dried mushrooms are added.
* Muroran curry ramen
– a curry
flavored ramen noodle dish that is provided at many ramen restaurants in the cities of Muroran
, and Tōyako
* Sanratanmen – a Japanese hot and sour soup
prepared using ramen noodles
* Tonkotsu ramen
– a ramen dish that originated on the Kyushu
island of Japan, its broth is based upon pork bones.
– a ramen dish in Japanese cuisine consisting of noodles that are eaten after being dipped in a separate bowl of soup or broth.
File:Hiyashi chuka by woinary at 551 Horai in Osaka Intl Airport.jpg|Hiyashi chūka
File:Kagoshima Ramen.jpg|Kagoshima ramen
File:Muroran Curry Ramen Ajino-Daioh Muroran Honten.jpg|Muroran curry ramen
File:Tonkotsu Ramen "Shiromaru", Ippudo Louvre, Paris 11 June 2016 001.jpg|Tonkotsu ramen
* Asian soups
* List of noodle dishes
* List of instant noodle brands
* List of Japanese soups and stews
* Ramen Street