Participation in the Ottawa Treaty
This is a list of states that have signed and ratified or acceded to the Ottawa Treaty
(also known as the Mine Ban Treaty). The treaty, which outlaws anti-personnel mine
s, was opened for signature on December 3, 1997. Canada, Ireland, and Mauritius
became the first states to ratify the treaty that same day. The treaty came into force
and closed for signature on March 1, 1999 with the ratification by 40 states. Since then, states that did not sign the treaty can now only accede to it. Currently, 164 states have ratified or acceded to the treaty, and one state (Marshall Islands
) had signed the treaty but not ratified it.
[United Nations Treaty Collection]
Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on their Destruction
Retrieved on January 8, 2012.
The following 164 states have either signed and ratified or acceded to the treaty.
The following state has signed but not ratified the treaty.
* List of parties to the Biological Weapons Convention
* List of parties to the Chemical Weapons Convention
* List of parties to the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons
* List of parties to the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty
* List of parties to the Partial Nuclear Test Ban Treaty
* List of parties to the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons
* List of parties to the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons
Category:Lists of parties to treaties