This is a list of LGBT and LGBT-friendly fraternities and sororities. Such groups have existed since the 1980s, with Delta Phi Upsilon being established in 1985 and Delta Lambda Phi in 1986. They are intended to provide members with access to Greek life without fear of homophobic reprisal or behavior by fellow members, resulting from a history of intrafraternal homophobia by longer-established organizations. This is not an exhaustive list and only includes organizations with a current page.
Organizations for women
- Alpha Delta Epsilon - local sorority at SUNY Geneseo whose membership is open to cis women, trans women, and non-binary people.
- Alpha Lambda Zeta - fraternity for women who identify as lesbians
- Alpha Pi Delta Sorority, Inc - sorority for lesbian women
- Beta Phi Omega Sorority, Inc. - sorority for feminine lesbians; open to all feminine women regardless of orientation
- Delta Psi Eta Sorority, Inc. - sorority for professional, feminine lesbian women
- Chi Kappa Psi - fraternity for masculine-of-center-identified professional lesbian women
- Eta Epsilon Gamma Inc. (ΗΕΓ) - sorority for feminine lesbian and bisexual women
- Eta Iota Mu Inc. (ΗΙΜ) - fraternity for dominant lesbian women and transmen
- Eta Theta Psi (ΗθΨ) - sorority for conscious feminine lesbian women
- Gamma Rho Lambda (ΓΡΛ) - first LGBTQ sorority for women, transwomen, transmen, and non-binary students of any race or sexual orientation
- Kappa Alpha Lambda - sorority for feminine lesbian women
- Kappa Theta Epsilon - sorority for lesbian professionals and entrepreneurs
- Kappa Xi Omega - sorority for masculine and feminine black lesbians
- Lambda Xi Eta (ΛΞΗ) - sorority for feminine lesbian, bisexual, and transgender women
- Omicron Epsilon Pi - sorority for lesbians, particularly of color
- Omicron Psi Omega - fraternity for masculine-of-center-identified lesbian women
- Pi Kappa Psi - sorority for feminine and transgender women
- Sigma Omega Phi Fraternity - fraternity for masculine identified lesbian women
- Sigma Xi Theta Fraternity - fraternity of dominant lesbian women
- The Society of Femmes - private organization for multicultural lesbian, bisexual, straight, feminine women
- Tau Delta Psi - sorority for women who identify as lesbian, bisexual, queer and women who do not label their sexual orientation
- Zeta Psi Zeta - sorority for feminine lesbian and bisexual women
Organizations for men
Note: many national fraternities have specific provisions in their non-discrimination policies that are inclusive of LGBTQ men but are not exclusively marketed to the gay community. Examples of such fraternities include Alpha Sigma Phi, Alpha Phi Delta, Beta Theta Pi, Chi Phi, Delta Chi, Delta Upsilon, Theta Delta Chi, Theta Xi, Kappa Mu Kappa, Lambda Theta Phi, Lambda Chi Alpha, Nu Delta, Pi Kappa Phi, Sigma Nu, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Sigma Chi, Tau Kappa Epsilon, Phi Gamma Delta, Phi Delta Theta, Phi Kappa Theta, Phi Kappa Tau, Phi Mu Delta, Phi Sigma Kappa, and Omega Delta Phi.
Delta Tau Delta, Tau Kappa Epsilon, Sigma Phi Epsilon, Phi Mu Delta, Pi Lambda Phi Delta Chi, and Chi Phi are inclusive of gay and transgender men.
- Alpha Nu Fraternity - the first fraternity in the Philippines for all who identify themselves as men, regardless of sexual orientation
- Delta Lambda Phi - fraternity for gay, bisexual, transgender and progressive men
- Kappa Psi Kappa- Fraternity for progressive men of all ethnic backgrounds, cultures and sexual orientations. 
- Sigma Phi Beta - fraternity for gay, straight, bisexual and transgender men; split off from Alpha Lambda Tau (now defunct)
Organizations for all genders
- Alpha Delta Phi Society - national gender-inclusive literary society. The first women members were initiated in 1973 at the Brown University chapter of the Alpha Delta Phi Fraternity, founded in 1832. By 1992, the co-educational chapters split off the all-male Alpha Delta Phi Fraternity to found the gender-inclusive Alpha Delta Phi Society. The Society has over 7,000 siblings across its undergraduate, graduate, and alumni chapters.
- Lambda Delta Chi Coed Fraternity - coed fraternity bringing all groups, religions, cultures, genders, races, and orientations together; first line crossed March 17, 2016; first one in Kean University in Union, New Jersey
- Lambda Delta Xi Diaternity (λΔΞ) - Lambda Delta Xi Diaternity shall be a gender inclusive Greek-lettered service organization for four-year collegiate institutions. Lambda Delta Xi was founded on the basis of community service with the purpose of advancing equity and inclusion for LGBTQ students through the principles of solidarity, activism, advocacy, and education.
- Omicron Delta Pi (ΟΔπ) a gender-inclusive human rights fraternity founded in 2008 at the University of Maine at Machias
- Omicron Delta Pi Beta chapter (ΟΔπ) a gender-inclusive human right organization that is open to the general public for those who are 18+ and was established in 2017
- Phi Sigma Pi (ΦΣΠ) - gender-inclusive national honor fraternity based in the United States. The fraternity is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization incorporated in the state of Pennsylvania, with the purpose of fostering the ideals of scholarship, leadership and fellowship. Phi Sigma Pi is organized into approximately one hundred collegiate chapters at four-year collegiate institutions and several regionally established alumni chapters and associations serving approximately 40,000 brothers. Although collegiate chapters may fall under the purview of university student governing bodies, Phi Sigma Pi maintains no affiliation with the North-American Interfraternity Conference.
- Sigma Epsilon Omega - fraternity for gay and queer individuals of all genders.
- Sigma Omicron Rho - national, gender-inclusive, multicultural fraternal organization founded in 2009
- Theta Delta Sigma - national, gender-inclusive, multicultural fraternal organization founded in 2001
- Theta Pi Sigma - queer gender-neutral "frarority" at the University of California, Santa Cruz. The organization was forced to change their name from Delta Lambda Psi to Theta Pi Sigma due to a lawsuit with Delta Lambda Phi.
- Theta Psi Tau Social Coed Fraternity - coed fraternity in Denver, Colorado, focusing on creating a safe haven for the GLBT youth of America
- Zeta Delta Xi - gender-inclusive fraternity at Brown University, founded in 1987
Organizations for transgender women
- Gamma Rho Lambda (ΓΡΛ) - first LGBTQ sorority for women, trans women, trans men, and non-binary students of any race or sexual orientation
- Chi Upsilon Omega - Greek lettered sorority for transgender women, founded in Atlanta, Georgia, established in 2013
- ^ Epsilon, Alpha Delta. "FAQ". Wordpress. Retrieved 5 December 2017.
- ^ "The History, The Mission". Alpha Lambda Zeta. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- ^ . Beta Phi Omega http://betaphiomega.net/main/. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- ^ "About Eta Theta Psi". Eta Theta Psi.
- ^ "About Gamma Rho Lambda". Gamma Rho Lambda. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- ^ "About Kappa Theta Epsilon". Kappa Theta Epsilon. 2009. Retrieved 2014-06-30.
- ^ "Kappa Xi Omega". Kappa Xi Omega. 2016. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- ^ women
- ^ Choron, Harry and Sandra (2004). College in a Can: What's In, Who's Out, Where To, Why Not, and Everything Else You Need to Know about Life on Campus. pp. 25–26. ISBN 0-618-40871-1.
- ^ "Omicron Psi Omega". Omicron Psi Omega. 2017. Retrieved 2017-06-16.
- ^ "Pi Kappa Psi". PiKappaPsi. 2016. Retrieved 2016-03-13.
- ^ "Sigma Omega Phi". SigmaOmegaPhi. 2018. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- ^ "About TDP". Tau Delta Psi Sorority, Inc. Retrieved 2016-03-10.
- ^ http://www.delts.org/blog/2016/01/15/general/arch-chapter-conducts-business-at-winter-meeting/
- ^ http://cardinalpointsonline.com/transgender-accepted-in-greek-organization/
- ^ http://www.sigep.org/resourcedocs/about-resources/2014-December-Minutes-of-the-Meeting-Final.pdf
- ^ http://phimudelta.publishpath.com/Websites/phimudelta/images/PMD_Statement_on_Transgendered_Membership.doc
- ^ http://www.huffingtonpost.com/juliet-owen/pi-lambda-phi-has-a-sister_b_4117427.html
- ^ "Alpha Nu Fraternity". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2016-05-29.
- ^ Choron, Harry and Sandra (2004). College in a Can: What's In, Who's Out, Where To, Why Not, and Everything Else You Need to Know about Life on Campus. p. 25. ISBN 0-618-40871-1.
- ^ "About Delta Lambda Phi". Delta Lambda Phi. Archived from the original on June 14, 2009. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- ^ https://www.kappapsikappa.org/.
- ^ "Sigma Epsilon Omega – SEO". sigmaepsilonomega.com. Retrieved 2017-10-08.
- ^ "Students launch co-ed LGBT fraternity interest group".
- ^ "About Gamma Rho Lambda". Gamma Rho Lambda. Retrieved 2010-06-28.