JONATHAN SCHAFFER is an American philosopher specializing in metaphysics and epistemology .
Since earning his PhD from
In 2007, Schaffer accepted a permanent research position at the
Australian National University
In 2010, Schaffer accepted a permanent position at
* 1 Papers
* 2 References
Drafts and reconstructions are not included. See his webpage and his updated CV for a current list of published articles, talks, etc.
* Truthmaker Commitments * Truth and Fundamentality: On Merrick\'s Truth and Ontology * Monism (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy) * From Nihilism to Monism * Quiddistic Knowledge * Of Ghostly and Mechanical Events * Two Conceptions of Sparse Properties * Is There a Fundamental Level? * The Problem of Free Mass: Must Properties Cluster? * The Individuation of Tropes * Monism: The Priority of the Whole
* The Irrelevance of the Subject: Against Subject-Sensitive Invariantism * Knowing the Answer * Closure, Contrast, and Answer * From Contextualism to Contrastivism * Perceptual Knowledge Derailed * Skepticism, Contextualism, and Discrimination * Knowledge, Relevant Alternatives, and Missed Clues
* Deterministic Chance?
* Review of Dowe and Noordhof\'s Cause and Chance: Causation in an
* Contrastive Causation
* Counterfactuals, Causal Independence, and Conceptual Circularity
* Causes Need Not be Physically Connected to their Effects: The Case
for Negative Causation
* Principled Chances
* ^ Schaffer\'s CV Archived 2014-08-10 at the