Previously, Kershner was Senior Editor, Middle East, The Jerusalem
Report magazine. She has also written for
The New Republic
* 1 Personal * 2 Bias accusations * 3 Bibliography * 4 Notes
Kershner was born in
Kershner has been accused of anti-Israel bias in her coverage of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict by the Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America , a pro-Israel media outfit with a record of improperly manipulating content on , for allegedly downplaying Palestinian terrorism, covering up incitement to violence by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and promoting anti-Israel bias using the journalism technique of "first-last reporting".
Kershner has also been accused of pro-Israel bias in her coverage
and her hiring to report on Israeli-Palestinian issues has been
denounced as conflict of interest since her son has served in the IDF
in recent years and her husband, Hirsh Goodman, is an employee at an
organization that works to promote a better image of Israel. Kershner
has been a featured speaker in the Israel Hasbara Committee. Her
reporting has been denounced by the progressive media watch Fairness
and Accuracy in Reporting for paying disproportionate attention to
killings of Israeli soldiers at the expense of Arabs and Iranians,
omitting Israeli violations of ceasefires with
* Barrier: The Seam of the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict. London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2005. ISBN 1-4039-6801-2 ISBN 978-1403968012
* ^ CBC Radio Show Program Logs: The Sunday Edition, 2 April 2006.
Accessed 25 February 2007.
* ^ Goodman, Hirsh. Let me create a paradise, God said to himself:
A Journey of Conscience from Johannesburg to Jerusalem. Perseus Book
Group, 2005. ISBN 1-58648-243-2 , ISBN 978-1-58648-243-5 .
* ^ "NYT Veers From Downplaying Palestinian Terrorism - but Only
Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting in America
* WorldCat Identities * VIAF : 76636808 * SUDOC : 111984793 * BNF : cb15596573m (data)
This article about a British journalist is a stub . You can help by expanding it .