Industry may refer to:
In macroeconomics, an industry is a branch of an economy that produces a closely related set of raw materials, goods, or services. For example, one might refer to the wood industry or the insurance industry.
For a single group or company ...
, a generally categorized branch of economic activity
Manufacturing is the production of goods through the use of labor, machines, tools, and chemical
A chemical substance is a form of matter having constant chemical composition and characteristic properties. Some references add that chemica ...
, a specific branch of economic activity, typically in factories with machinery
* The wider
In macroeconomics, the secondary sector of the economy is an economic sector in the Three-sector model, three-sector theory which describes the role of manufacturing. It encompasses the Industry (economics), industries which Production (economic ...
of an economy, including manufacturing and production of other intermediate or final goods
* The general characteristics and production methods common to an
Sociology is the study of society, human social behaviour, patterns of social relationships, social interaction, and culture that surrounds everyday life. It is a social science that uses various methods of Empirical method, emp ...
Industrialisation (or industrialization) is the period of social and economic change that transforms a human group from an agrarian society
An agrarian society, or agricultural society, is any community whose economy is based ...
, the transformation into an industrial society
Industry classification or industry taxonomy is a type of economic taxonomy that organizes companies into Industry (economics), industrial groupings based on similar production processes, similar products, or similar behavior in financial markets.
, a classification of economic organizations and activities
* Industry, Alabama
The City of Industry is a city in the San Gabriel Valley, in eastern Los Angeles County
Los Angeles County, officially the County of Los Angeles, is the List of the most populous counties in the United States, most populous county in the U ...
** Industry station
* Industry, Illinois
* Industry, Kansas
* Industry, Maine
* Industry, Missouri
* Industry, New York
Industry is a borough in Beaver County, Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania ( ) ( pdc, Pennsilfaani), officially the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, is a U.S. state, state in the Mid-Atlantic (United States), Mid-Atlantic, Northeastern United States, No ...
* Industry, Texas
, a New York City gay bar
*Industry-Rock Falls Township, Phelps County, Nebraska
Film and television
* Made in Canada (TV series), ''Made in Canada'' (TV series), a Canadian situation comedy series also known as ''The Industry'' in foreign syndication
* Industry (TV series), ''Industry'' (TV series), a British drama series on BBC Two and HBO
* Industry (American band), a 1980s synth-pop band
* Industry (Irish band), Irish band (2009-2010)
* Industry (Dom & Roland album), ''Industry'' (Dom & Roland album)
* Industry (Richard Thompson and Danny Thompson album), ''Industry'' (Richard Thompson and Danny Thompson album), 1997
* Industry (EP), ''Industry'' (EP), an EP by Jon McLaughlin
* Industry (archaeology), a typological classification of stone tools