HOME
        TheInfoList






Sin Ling Tsim (CFO)

Mark Jack (CEO of AU operations)ProductsPort operationsServicesPort operationsOwner Websitehutchisonports.com

Hutchison Port Holdings Limited (HPH; Chinese: 和記港口集團有限公司), trading as Hutchison Ports (Chinese: 和記港口), is a private holding company incorporated in the British Virgin Islands. The port operator group is a subsidiary of CK Hutchison Holdings (formerly Hutchison Whampoa). Some operation of the company were listed as Hutchison Port Holdings Trust in Singapore Exchange.

In 2016, the network comprised 48 port operations throughout Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, the Americas and Australasia.[1]

History

In 2005, HPH was the largest port operator in the world, with a 33.2 million TEU throughput, and 8.3% world market share.[2]

In April 2006, Hutchison Whampoa sold a 20% share of Hutchison Port Holdings Limited to PSA International, retaining ownership of the remaining 80%.[3]

In 2011, some of the assets was spin-off as a listed company as Hutchison Port Holdings Trust [zh];[4] the listed company was incorporated as a business trust under Singapore's Business Trusts Act.

In September 2016, HPH rebranded its network as Hutchison Ports.

In 2016, the network comprised 48 port operations throughout Asia, the Middle East, Africa, Europe, the Americas and Australasia.[1]

In 2005, HPH was the largest port operator in the world, with a 33.2 million TEU throughput, and 8.3% world market share.[2]

In April 2006, Hutchison Whampoa sold a 20% share of Hutchison Port Holdings Limited to PSA International, retaining ownership of the remaining 80%.[3]

In 2011, some of the assets was spin-off as a listed company as Hutchison Port Holdings Trust [zh];[4] the listed company was incorporated as a business trust under Singapore's Business Trusts Act.

In September 2016, HPH rebranded its network as Hutchison Ports.[5]

In December 2016, the Chornomorsk commercial seaport in western Ukraine, signed a cooperation agreement with Hutchison Ports. Among the agreed upon points are the company's entry into the port as a terminal operator as of 2017. Hutchison will provide expert consultative services to reform and improve Ukraine's port industry.[6][7]

PSA International, retaining ownership of the remaining 80%.[3]

In 2011, some of the assets was spin-off as a listed company as Hutchison Port Holdings Trust [zh];[4] the listed company was incorporated as a business trust under Singapore's Business Trusts Act.

In September 2016, HPH rebranded its network as Hutchison Ports.[5]

In December 2016, the Chornomorsk commercial seaport in western Ukraine, signed a cooperation agreement with Hutchison Ports. Among the agreed upon points are the company's entry into the port as a terminal operator as of 2017. Hutchison will provide expert consultative services to reform and improve Ukraine's port industry.[6][7]

Hutchison Port Holdings Trust is a listed trust in Singapore Exchange. Hutchison Whampoa only owned 25% stake, but had the rights to influence the trust by controlling the key stake of changing the trustee they nominated before the initial public offering.[8]

In December 2016 The Trust's subsidiaries Yantian International Container Terminals (Phase III) Limited [zh] and Shenzhen Pingyan Multimodal Company

In December 2016 The Trust's subsidiaries Yantian International Container Terminals (Phase III) Limited [zh] and Shenzhen Pingyan Multimodal Company Limited, jointly purchased 80% shares of Huizhou International Container Terminals (HICT) from Hutchison Port Holdings for US$86.26 million.[9][10]

In January, 2017 HPH Trust signed a strategic agreement to manage the operations at five terminals, including 16 berths in Kwai Tsing in Hong Kong.[11]