This list is of heritage registers, inventories of cultural properties, natural and man-made, tangible and intangible, movable and immovable, that are deemed to be of sufficient heritage value to be separately identified and recorded. In many instances the pages linked below have as their primary focus the registered assets rather than the registers themselves. Where a particular article or set of articles on a foreign-language provides fuller coverage, a link is provided.
Albania: List of Religious Cultural Monuments of Albania
Andorra: Bé d'interès cultural, as maintained by Patrimoni Cultural = Cultural Heritage of Andorra; (in Catalan) Llista de monuments d'Andorra
Argentina: National Historic Monuments of Argentina; (in French) Monument historique national (Argentine)
Heritage registers in Australia
Austria: Denkmalgeschütztes Objekt, as maintained by the Bundesdenkmalamt
Belarus: Cultural Properties of Belarus
Belgium: National Heritage Site (Belgium); (in Dutch) Lijsten van cultureel erfgoed
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bosnia: List of National Monuments of Bosnia and Herzegovina, as maintained by the Commission to preserve national monuments of Bosnia and Herzegovina;
Brazil: List of National Historic Heritage of Brazil, as maintained by the National Institute of Historic and Artistic Heritage; (in Portuguese) Listas de patrimônio do Brasil
Burma: Yangon City Heritage List
- Sites owned and run by the provincial government as a functioning historic site or museum are known as Provincial Historic Sites and Provincial Historic Areas. Buildings and sites owned by private citizens and companies or other levels or branches of government may gain one of two levels of historic designation, "Registered Historic Resource" or "Provincial Historic Resource". Historic designation in Alberta is governed by the Historic Resources Act. The province also lists buildings deemed historically significant by municipal governments on the Alberta Register of Historic Places, which is also part of the larger Canadian Register of Historic Places although this does not imply provincial or federal government status or protection. The Alberta Main Street Program helps to preserve historic buildings in the downtowns of smaller communities. The Heritage Survey Program is a survey of 80,000 historic buildings in Alberta, with no protective status.
- New Brunswick
- Places and areas designated under the Heritage Conservation Act (the New Brunswick Register of Historic Places acts as a register of sites designated under the Act)
Chile: National Monuments of Chile, as maintained by the Consejo de Monumentos Nacionales
China: Major Historical and Cultural Site Protected at the National Level (全国重点文物保护单位), designated by State Administration of Cultural Heritage
Sites Protected at the City Level of Hangzhou are districts, artifacts or buildings legally declared to be "protected". According to the "Regularations of historic districts and historic buildings in Hangzhou" effectivated from 1 January 2005, historic buildings are those artifacts or districts that have lasted more than 50 years, and of significant values for history, science, and art study. In Hangzhou, declaring a historic house requires consulting the urban planning administration bureau, and the real estate administration bureau.
As of 31 June 2011, there are 287 declared historic houses in Hangzhou, proclaimed as 5 batches. In the near future, it is going to issue the sixth batch which includes 51 historic houses.
- Harbin Urban and Rural Planning Bureau
Colombia: National Monuments of Colombia; (in Spanish) Monumentos Nacionales de Colombia
It has been described as one of the most successful and more complete heritage registers.
Indonesia: Cultural Properties of Indonesia
Ireland: In the Republic of Ireland, some registers are maintained by sections of the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht (The National Monuments Service and National Inventory of Architectural Heritage). Others are maintained by the "planning authority": the local council for the county, city, borough, or town where the monument or building is sited.
||"a monument or the remains of a monument the preservation of which is a matter of national importance by reason of the historical, architectural, traditional, artistic, or archaeological interest attaching thereto"
||Owned or managed by the National Monuments Service. The Service's own list of monuments is not definitive.
|National Inventory of Architectural Heritage
(a) structures and buildings together with their settings and attendant grounds, fixtures and fittings,
(b) groups of such structures and buildings, and
which are of architectural, historical, archaeological, artistic, cultural, scientific, social or technical interest"
|National Inventory of Architectural Heritage. The NIAH's survey is not yet complete.
||"structures, or parts of structures, which form part of the architectural heritage and which are of special architectural, historical, archaeological, artistic, cultural, scientific, social or technical interest"
||Relevant planning authority maintains a list as part of its development plan.
|architectural conservation area
||"a place, area, group of structures or townscape, taking account of building lines and heights, that—
(a) is of special architectural, historical, archaeological, artistic, cultural, scientific, social or technical interest or value, or
(b) contributes to the appreciation of protected structures"
|special planning control area
||"an architectural conservation area [...] of special importance to, or as respects, the civic life or the architectural, historical, cultural or social character of a city or town in which it is situated"
|area of special amenity
||"by reason of—
(a) its outstanding natural beauty, or
(b) its special recreational value,
and having regard to any benefits for nature conservation"
|Database of Historic Gardens and Designed Landscapes
||Gardens marked on the first- or second-edition (1850–95) maps of the Ordnance Survey of Ireland.
||National Inventory of Architectural Heritage
- Italy: Catalogo Generale dei Beni Culturali under creation; catalogo regionale dei beni culturali already maintained by each region:
Japan: Cultural Properties of Japan, as maintained by the Agency for Cultural Affairs; see also National Treasures of Japan
North Korea: National Treasures of North Korea, Cultural assets of North Korea
South Korea: National Treasures of South Korea, Important Intangible Cultural Properties of Korea, as maintained by Cultural Heritage Administration
- "The list of state protected monuments of culture", available at . Contains information about 7131 monuments of culture (March 2012). The list is maintained by State Inspection for Heritage Inspection, a Government agency.
- "Buildings and objects classified as national monuments or listed on supplementary inventory".
The list is maintained by Service des sites et monuments nationaux, a Government agency. The latest version is available here .
See Lëscht vun de klasséierte Monumenter on lb-wiki and commons:Category:Cultural heritage monuments in Luxembourg
Macedonia (Republic of)
Macedonia: (in French) Patrimoine culturel de la République de Macédoine
Malta: National Inventory of the Cultural Property of the Maltese Islands
Mexico: National Monuments of Mexico
Morocco: Historic Monuments and Sites of Morocco
Mozambique: Cultural Properties of Mozambique
Namibia: National Monuments, as maintained by the National Heritage Council of Namibia; (in German) Liste der Nationalen Denkmäler in Namibia
- Pakistan There are several organizations that take care of historic and heritage sites in Pakistan.
- Department of Archaeology and Museums (Ministry of Heritage and National Integration (Pakistan))
- National Archives of Pakistan
- Directorate of Archaeology & Museums, Sindh
- Sindh Building Control Authority
- Directorate General of Archaeology, Punjab
- Directorate of Archaeology & Museums, of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Directorate General of Archaeology, Balochistan
- List of cultural heritage sites in Pakistan
Paraguay: El Inventario Nacional de Bienes Culturales, under creation by the Dirección de Catalogación del Patrimonio Cultural
Philippines: Cultural Properties of the Philippines
Poland: A list of objects of cultural heritage in Poland (zabytki) is maintained by the Narodowy Instytut Dziedzictwa. It is primarily composed of objects in the register of objects of cultural heritage (rejestr zabytków), objects with the status of Historical Monument (pomnik historii), objects classified as a cultural park (park kulturowy).
Portugal: National Monuments, as maintained by IGESPAR; (in Portuguese) Lista de património edificado em Portugal
Russia: Russian cultural heritage register; (in Russian) Списки объектов культурного наследия России; Historical Cities of Russia
Senegal: Sites et Monuments historiques; (in French) Liste des monuments et sites historiques au Sénégal
Cultural Heritage of Serbia (see also: World Heritage Sites in Serbia)
The register is divided into twelve categories:
Sierra Leone: National Monuments of Sierra Leone, as maintained by the Ancient Monuments and Relics Commission
Slovakia: Cultural Heritage Monuments of Slovakia; (in German) Liste (Kulturdenkmale in der Slowakei)
Heritage, culture, planning and conservation are devolved issues in the United Kingdom, and are dealt with by the governments of the constituent countries. England, which does not have its own devolved government, is covered by an agency of the United Kingdom government.
See also Historic Environment Record (HERs) and Sites and Monuments Record (SMRs) maintained usually at a local government level (archaeological trusts in Wales).
In the United States, a site is only listed on the National Register of Historic Places on recommendation from the state historic preservation offices in the relevant state.
Some states maintain their own state-level historic registers, although in some U.S. states all properties on the state register duplicate the National Register listing.
The National Register listing in itself confers no protection to a historic property but may qualify the site for matching grants for historic restoration.
Local historic designations in many municipalities provide some limited protection against demolition of historic landmarks.
State-level and local-level
Venezuela: Inventario de monumentos, as maintained by the Instituto de Patrimonio Cultural
Zambia: Monuments and Historic Sites of Zambia
Zimbabwe: National Monuments of Zimbabwe
- ^ Commission to preserve national monuments Commission to preserve national monuments of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Retrieved on 2012-03-27. (in Bosnian) & (in English).
- ^ List of National Historic Heritage of Brazil National Institute of Historic and Artistic Heritage. Retrieved on 2012-03-27. (in Portuguese).
- ^ "Yangon Heritage List". The Myanmar Times. 2001-10-29. Archived from the original on 2009-06-15.
- ^ "HistoricPlaces.ca - Recherche". www.historicplaces.ca. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ Alberta, Government of. "Header and Footer". culture.alberta.ca. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ Alberta, Government of (28 December 2006). "Alberta Queen's Printer:". www.qp.gov.ab.ca. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ "Alberta Culture and Community Spirit – Historic Resources Management – Historic Places Stewardship Section – Alberta's Historic Places Designation Program – Municipal Historic Resource Designation". Archived from the original on 5 December 2010. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ "The Alberta Main Street Program". Archived from the original on 23 June 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ "Alberta Culture and Community Spirit – Historic Resources Management – Historic Places Stewardship Section – Heritage Survey Program". Archived from the original on 6 July 2011. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ Canada, Government of New Brunswick,. "Historic Places - Tourism, Heritage and Culture". www.historicplaces.gnb.ca. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ "Répertoire du patrimoine culturel du Québec". Patrimoine-culturel.gouv.qc.ca. 2013-05-09. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- ^ "City of Edmonton". Archived from the original on 10 November 2006. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ "CMN. Consejo de Monumentos Nacionales. Gobierno de Chile". www.monumentos.cl. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ "优优国际网站_99uu优优国际_澳门优优赌场_www.优优99uu.com". www.hangzhoumemory.org. Archived from the original on 26 June 2017. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ "Portal del Consejo Nacional de Patrimonio Cultural". www.cnpc.cult.cu. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ "MonumNet". Národní památkový ústav (National Heritage Institute). Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- ^ "Register". Heritage Agency of Denmark. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- ^ National registry of Cultural Monuments Muinsuskaitseamet
- ^ Andrea Vianello. "Website Review: National Register of Cultural Monuments (of Estonia)". CSA Newsletter (Vol. XXVII, No. 1 — April, 2014). Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- ^ "La base Mérimée sur le patrimoine architectural français". www.culture.gouv.fr. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ "Startseite". denkmalliste.org. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- ^ "BlfD". Archived from the original on 18 May 2007. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ "National Monuments Acts, 1930–2004". Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- ^ "National Monuments > Search By County". National Monuments Service. Archived from the original on 20 February 2010. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- ^ "Architectural Heritage (National Inventory) and Historic Monuments (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1999". Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- ^ "Buildings: County Survey Index". National Inventory of Architectural Heritage. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- ^ a b c d "Planning and Development Act, 2000". Irish Statute Book. Ireland: Office of the Attorney General. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- ^ "Protected structures". Building or altering a home. Ireland: Citizens Information Board. 29 August 2008. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- ^ "Project methodology". Database of Historic Gardens and Designed Landscapes. National Inventory of Architectural Heritage. Archived from the original on 13 March 2010. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- ^ "Gardens: Search by County". Database of Historic Gardens and Designed Landscapes. National Inventory of Architectural Heritage. Retrieved 19 December 2009.
- ^ "Catalogo Generale dei Beni Culturali". catalogo.beniculturali.it (in Italian). Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- ^ "WebGIS". patrimonioculturale-er.it (in Italian). Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- ^ "Il WebGIS". emiliaromagna.beniculturali.it (in Italian). Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- ^ "SIRBeC". lombardiabeniculturali.it (in Italian). Retrieved 14 September 2016.
- ^ "Jamaica National Heritage Trust". www.jnht.com. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ "Jamaica National Heritage Trust – List of Declared Sites & Monuments". 2005. Retrieved 2009-09-04.
- ^ Sagona, Claudia (2015). The Archaeology of Malta. Cambridge University Press. p. 307. ISBN 9781107006690.
- ^ http://www.monumentoshistoricos.inah.gob.mx/index.php
- ^ "Homepage". National Heritage Council of Namibia. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- ^ Monument database of the Monumentenregister
- ^ "Heritage New Zealand". www.historic.org.nz. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ "Patrimonio Cultural". Secretaría Nacional de Cultura. Retrieved 8 May 2012.
- ^ Ustawa z dnia 23 lipca 2003 r. o ochronie zabytków i opiece nad zabytkami, Dz. U. z 2003 r. Nr 162, poz. 1568
- ^ "Portant publication de la liste des Sites et Monuments historiques classés". Ministry of Culture. Archived from the original on 8 December 2008. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
- ^ "Cultural Policy in Sierra Leone" (PDF). UNESCO. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- ^ "Cultural Resources: National Monuments". Swaziland National Trust Commission. Retrieved 5 May 2012.
- ^ "The National Heritage List for England". English Heritage. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- ^ "- English Heritage". www.english-heritage.org.uk. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ National Register of Historic Places, National Park Service
- ^ National Historic Landmarks Program (NHL) Homepage
- ^ "NPS: Nature & Science » National Natural Landmarks". Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ California, California State Parks, State of. "HTTP404". CA State Parks. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ California, California State Parks, State of. "California Register of Historical Resources". CA State Parks. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ California, California State Parks, State of. "California Points of Historical Interest". CA State Parks. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ "Washington State DAHP". Archived from the original on 22 February 2007. Retrieved 28 June 2017.
- ^ "Centro de Documentación". Instituto de Patrimonio Cultural. Retrieved 7 May 2012.