thumb|The hawser is coiled on deck. Hawser is a nautical term for a thick cable or rope used in mooring or towing a ship. A hawser passes through a hawsehole, also known as a cat hole, located on the hawse.The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, third edition, Houghton Mifflin Company, pp. 829-830 ()


External links

* {{Authority control Category:Shipbuilding Category:Sailboat components Category:Sailing ship components Category:Nautical terminology