Harti (Somali: Hartii, Arabic: هارتي), meaning "strong man", is a name used to denote a confederation of various Darod sub-clans of the Somali people.
There is no clear agreement on the clan and sub-clan structures and many lineages are omitted. The following listing is taken from the World Bank's Conflict in Somalia: Drivers and Dynamics from 2005 and the United Kingdom's Home Office publication, Somalia Assessment 2001.
- Darod (Daarood)
- Red Dini
- Rer Hassan
- Cali Dheere
In Puntland, the World Bank shows the following:
Notable Harti members
- Abdullahi Ahmed Irro, General in the Somali National Army
- Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, former President of Somalia
- Ali Khalif Galaydh, former Prime Minister of Somalia
- Abdirizak Jurile veteran politician, Senior Diplomat, professor, former Lawmaker, Former somali planning and International co-operation minister and Senator
- Amina Mohamed, diplomat and politician
- Abdulqawi Yusuf, international lawyer and judge; judge at the International Court of Justice since February 6th 2009.
- Abdirahman Mohamud Farole, President of Puntland
- Abdullahi Bile Noor, Popular politician, One of Somalia's longest serving national MPs.
- Fatima Jibrell, environmental activist
- Haji Bashir Ismail Yusuf, first President of the Somali National Assembly
- Omar Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke, Prime Minister of Somalia
- Eng Mohamed Isse Lacle, Colonel in Somali Navy
- Said Mohamed Rage Puntland Minister of Ports, Sea Transportation & Counter Piracy, former Federal legislator, Founder puntland counter piracy agency
- Mohamed Hashi, former President of Puntland.
- Barkhad Ali Salah politician and statesman, served as first mayor of bosaso.
- ^ Drake-Brockman, p.55.
- ^ Worldbank, Conflict in Somalia: Drivers and Dynamics, January 2005, Appendix 2, Lineage Charts, p.55 Figure A-1
- ^ Country Information and Policy Unit, Home Office, Great Britain, Somalia Assessment 2001, Annex B: Somali Clan Structure Archived 2011-07-16 at the Wayback Machine., p. 43
- ^ Worldbank, Conflict in Somalia: Drivers and Dynamics, January 2005, Appendix 2, Lineage Charts, p.57 Figure A-3