HöCHSTADT AN DER AISCH, commonly known as HöCHSTADT, is a town in the Erlangen-Höchstadt district, in Bavaria , Germany .
* 1 Geography
* 1.1 Division of the town
* 2 Leisure
* 2.1 Food * 2.2 Culture
* 3 References * 4 External links
Höchstadt is situated on the river Aisch , 18 km northwest of Erlangen and 22 km south of Bamberg . Originally it was the capital of the Höchstadt district, but then it became part of the new Erlangen-Höchstadt district.
DIVISION OF THE TOWN
The town consists of 23 districts:
* Ailersbach * Antoniuskapelle * Biengarten * Bösenbechhofen * Etzelskirchen * Förtschwind * Greiendorf * Greienmühle
* Greuth * Großneuses * Jungenhofen * Kieferndorf * Kleinneuses * Lappach * Mechelwind * Medbach
* Mohrhof * Nackendorf * Saltendorf * Schwarzenbach * Sterpersdorf * Weidendorf * Zentbechhofen
Carp is a very important food, but only in the months with an "r" (September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April). There are various carp dishes: e.g., "blue carp", "baked carp" and "pepper carp". Carp eaten there is termed "Aischgründer Karpfen".
There is an events centre (converted from a former shoe factory) that includes a music school and a library; there is an evening event most days.
* ^ "Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes". Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung (in German). June 2016.